Save Sunnyside North's clothing-optional status

I've made a new post about saving Sunnyside North's clothing- optional status at https://www.truenudists.com/forum/thread/205893/save-sunnyside-north-tell-the-council/

Please click the link and find how to register your support for Sunnyside North staying CO. It should only take a few minutes, unless you end up writing a passionate essay. :-)

This topic was edited
RE:Save Sunnyside North's clothing-optional status

Thanks for pushing this Steve. Ive submitted my support & am absolutely gobsmacked theyre even considering this as a first option - just illustrates how ridiculous and knee-jerk a lot of councils are becoming.

This post was edited

It may only take one persistent Karen. There's a quote floating around...found it.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.

~Margaret Mead

Unfortunately, that can work both ways. Would love if the councilors were brave enough to visit this weekend, talk to the regulars and see for themselves. Perhaps even try themselves. :-)

Then again, the UK's tolerant view of nudity was apparently due to a small group, too. They got more freedom.

This post was edited

Sent my comments to the Council in support of the beach & keeping it's CO status. I suggested the newspaper articles were more to do with other bad behaviour, after dark (not many nudies getting a tan then) should be investigated by police if need be. Needles and rubbish left there can be by anyone. Suggested they put up fencing & signage to keep people out of dunes. I guess we will see, but thanks for making this an issue on the site, hope others show support too.

This post was edited

I sent my submission in to the council, but today I have found something I really should have added...
I am in correspondence with a nudist friend in NE Spain, and today he told me of a recent visit to a beautiful little nude beach at Lloret de Mar. I looked it up, then looked at the coastline between there and Barcelona. In a highly-populated 80km stretch there are at least 13 nude beaches, including of course three in metropolitan Barcelona.
In 80km of Port Philip Bay... one, under threat!
We are such a fearful, wowserish society.

This post was edited

So much space, so many restrictions! Somewhere else on the site I suggested anywhere more than 400 m from a habitable building should be CO. That would free up so many areas! :-)

This post was edited

If you can search the article in the newspaper from a month or two ago (I think, it may be longer) where the issues are raised about rubbish from parties, needles etc. Don't recall if it raised matters like inappropriate behaviour or sex in the dunes. I seem to recall it was more about the place being a mess, which to me did not sound like a nudist caused problem. My suspicion is that some locals are wanting to develop a property or an area and this is a fabricated or exaggerated story. A similar thing happened years ago with Pt Impossible near Torquay, but it turned out that the Councilor making all the allegations in newspapers etc. as well as through Council was just trying to do a property development himself.

This post was edited

I've always found it to be pretty clean. Just like every other Australian beach, really. We're generally pretty good at keeping natural areas tidy. Zoning and development shenanigans would be disappointing, but not surprising. The campground must be worth a motza in land value now. Not sure who owns it. I believe it was run by National Fitness way back.

This post was edited

That beach was always well maintained when I went there, and that is a long time ago (20+ years). Nudists I reckon are generally going to be more conscious of cleaning up and looking after their environment, real nudists not people who attend a CO beach for other reasons. My educated guess is that this push to remove the CO status at Sunnyside will be a developer or wealthy neighbours who have political connections and who have complained to newspapers or fabricated the story to a paper. It's exactly what a guy did near Torquay and he was a Councilor who owned last near Pt Impossible and was trying to do a development, as I recall.

This post was edited

Have forwarded my support its a great beach for us Ive been a couple times. Hope to get back this summer!!

This post was edited