Roadside showers

Hi. I have been going to Gunnison since 1998, and have seen a number of changes. For instance, at that time, food and beer were once sold on the beach, and now it is some food and soft drinks sold at the shower area at the changing rooms.
I am not complaining about the outdoor showers, but I like to feel clean after a day in the sand. I usually wear a Speedo when rinsing off, but that only holds the sand in the suit.

What do you wear? Would a swim thong be considered improper? How about loose mesh shorts to let the water in, plus let it drain out. They would be see through, but technically I am clothed.

Maybe you have found a simple way around this dilemma of wearing a swim suit after everyone has been naked together.

This topic was edited
RE:Roadside showers

I'm puzzled... So if you've been naked together, why are you wearing a speedo to shower? Why not just shower naked? (I've never been to Gunnison so I don't know the set up.)

This post was edited

I'm puzzled... So if you've been naked together, why are you wearing a speedo to shower? Why not just shower naked? (I've never been to Gunnison so I don't know the set up.)

Showers are in view of the main road in the park and a long way from clothing optional area.

This post was edited

Hi. I have been going to Gunnison since 1998, and have seen a number of changes. For instance, at that time, food and beer were once sold on the beach, and now it is some food and soft drinks sold at the shower area at the changing rooms.I am not complaining about the outdoor showers, but I like to feel clean after a day in the sand. I usually wear a Speedo when rinsing off, but that only holds the sand in the suit.What do you wear? Would a swim thong be considered improper? How about loose mesh shorts to let the water in, plus let it drain out. They would be see through, but technically I am clothed.Maybe you have found a simple way around this dilemma of wearing a swim suit after everyone has been naked together.
I get as much sand off with a towel before I leave the clothing optional zone put on shorts and just rinse from the knee down at the shower. I have seen a few people wearing just thongs.
The vendor that had the contact for all the food services at Sandy Hook did not have the contract renewed after Sandy. They have only had food trucks since.
Alcohol and smoking was recently banned on the beach.

This post was edited

One of the times I had the opportunity to be at Gunnison a few years ago, I remember a gal showering there in the middle of the public area who didn't seem to care about who saw her nude as she showered the sand off, removing her suit without a second thought when the need came up. So close to a clothing optional beach, I suppose she just didn't see the sense of fighting the cloth, and no one said a thing to her. In other circumstances I'm guessing someone would have scolded, like if it was a guy instead of a svelte gal doing the showing off. It does seem ridiculous to have to suit up before showering off, of course. It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult or costly for the powers-that-be to put a couple hundred feet of water pipe out to the nude area and some decking so the naked patrons wouldn't have to deal with that foolishness, and the uncomfortable drive home with sand scouring their skin under their suit.

When we were visiting last June the rangers were wandering around constantly, driving their trucks up here and over there, getting out arbitrarily and walking hither and yon, over and over during the three hours we were there, often seeming to stare at us, from a safe distance mind you, I guess to ensure we weren't doing anything illegal. Because fifty/sixty-some year olds break the law constantly. With sixty nudists on the beach that day, it was obvious the officials were bored, so they just kept milling about, hoping someone was going to do something they could come get in their face about. I sound paranoid all of the sudden, but given the situation, their unwanted and mostly unwarranted intrusion on our happy time was out of place during an otherwise lovely experience. We do hold hands and kiss a lot when we're sharing special time together - maybe they thought we were about the begin more intimate activities, something we wouldn't do in public but also something that likely does happen when the people are poorly-informed nudists, ones who can't control their sensuous urges with all the skin-colored cues surrounding them. If there had been a thousand nudists on the sand like my first visit all those years ago, I'm thinking their obtrusive actions would have gone unnoticed.

I will say that the crackdown on alcohol and cigarettes is a shame, but no surprise. With alcohol comes a depression of good decision-making, invariably luring certain minds to wander toward naughty thoughts that would be best saved for more private places than a public beach, and nicotine can stimulate all sorts of things. Alas, humans can and will succumb to their baser instincts when chemicals get involved. The pleasures received during the simple act of being nude in a social setting isn't always enough for our overworked, under-stimulated brains.

This post was edited

I have seen men showering nude once or twice.
Getting fresh water to the clothing optional area would disturb the dunes.

This post was edited

HI, I wish they would make some changes with the showers. Two options that I can think of. Setup showers on the beach where you can still be naked so that you can rinse off the sand, or setup areas outside with fencing or some other think to block the view from the street. If you have no problem being nude on the beach you should be fine being naked anywhere. The reason to have it outside is to eliminate the need of a drain system inside the locker room.

Continue the blue walkway both north and south once you get to the end or near the end of the current walkway.

This post was edited

I am happy that they banned the alcohol and cigarette smoking. Tired of see drunks; there's always a few that abuse the privilege, and I hate seeing butts all over the beach.

This post was edited

HI, I wish they would make some changes with the showers. Two options that I can think of. Setup showers on the beach where you can still be naked so that you can rinse off the sand, or setup areas outside with fencing or some other think to block the view from the street. If you have no problem being nude on the beach you should be fine being naked anywhere. The reason to have it outside is to eliminate the need of a drain system inside the locker room.Continue the blue walkway both north and south once you get to the end or near the end of the current walkway.

Fencing around the showers would be great. Piping fresh water to the beach would disturb the dunes.
The mats are bought with donated funds and are gradually being extended.

This post was edited

Huge societal difference between nude men and nude women.I remember a gal showering there in the middle of the public area who didn't seem to care about who saw her nude as she showered the sand off, removing her suit without a second thought when the need came up. So close to a clothing optional beach, I suppose she just didn't see the sense of fighting the cloth, and no one said a thing to her.Very few men (whether straight, bi, gay, g0y, homophobe, or what-have-you) are bothered by seeing a naked women. Highly unlikely that a man would feel threatened or in danger while in the presence of a naked woman.

However, nude men are a different matter. Many (most, all?) male homophobes feel threatened by seeing a naked man. It turns them on sexually and causes internal conflict. Many, but not all, women feel threatened by a naked man.

This post was edited