RE:Thieves have struck!!!!

I just watched a piece on the evening news about this. Apparently some of the thieves are reselling them on Craigslist, etc. while others are loading them into containers and shipping them out of the country to remove the platinum used as the catalyst inside them. Platinum is way more valuable per ounce than gold.

A very recent local news report stated that a catalytic converter theft ring was taken down by that county's sheriff's department. One of the deterrents I'd read was to etch you VIN number onto the Cat. I thought I was buying my stolen one back but the muffler guy showed me that he had installed a brand new one. At that cost, it had better have been new! Thankfully, our insurance covered most of it.

This post was edited

Andy & Di,We had an issue with a neighbor and we live in a gated community, the Mesa Police recommend this simple alarm as being highly effective and not expensive. May want to investigate. Sorry, you had this happen it truly sucks!https://www.ebay.com/itm/384613531244?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=384613531244&targetid=1264870804704&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=1013445&poi=&campaignid=13917910984&mkgroupid=125280110815&rlsatarget=pla-1264870804704&abcid=9300614&merchantid=6296724&gclid=cj0kcqiaip-pbhdvarisapp2xc0tvi6b1a4f_qpyhhlqhigpbahd9ppdi5oxfhrnjxlvzcwns2hex-8aauodealw_wcb

Thanks for the link. I was too slow. It's been sold! But there are others that are similar!

This post was edited

I am clueless how I missed this post being one of Andy's right hands here. If your a hard working honest person it does cut to the bone to be stolen from by those who have not those values.

This post was edited

Speaking of catalytic converters one of our sons just spoke of that subject over the weekend. He now checks daily if it's still there on his new car. He told me people are painting them yellow and putting identifying numbers on them to protect them.
Personally I don't have those concerns since we don't have to smog test our vehicles annually, we have cameras and pretty much everyone has guns at the ready here. Country livin !!

I know I cannot pull the trigger on a person let alone an animal even though I grew up hunting and needed to at one time to eat. My Luann says she can and would shoot without question if need be and perhaps that is why I am afraid of a 115 lb wife. :D

This post was edited

Luckily, our insurance covers these thefts, and we only pay the deductible. Cost us $250 for the stolen cat on the motorhome and it would cost us $100 for a stolen cat on either of our Jeeps. There are alarms and deterrents we can buy and if they steal the cat off the motorhome again, we will definitely get one. Our Jeeps are never stored out on the street and always in the garage. If they steal one off the Jeeps, it'll be while parked out while we're out and away. Thieves will get what they want and find a way around those deterrents but maybe they'll move to another vehicle without those safe guards and leave ours/yours alone.

This post was edited

Andy there has been times I'd ask my good friends here at home where do you keep your money and when are you are gone ?
Yep I.d prolly ask you the same thing :D

This post was edited