RE:Introductions

Welcome to the group!

This post was edited

Hello everyone and thanks for having me.I look forward to reading posts and interacting with other nudists and making some on and offline friends

Welcome to the group thanks for sharing your introduction

This post was edited

Hello to the group,

I joined because like many other members I'm melanated and like to be nude. As a black nudist, while I do see black nudists it is a bit of a rarity. I hope to engage in more thought-provoking discussions on nudism as a melanated person.

This post was edited

Yeah, I joined this group too because I just needed to see people who look like me after not being able to see any for a while.

This post was edited

Hello everybody. Checking in from Brazil!
I learned of naturism only three years ago while doing part of my doctoral studies in Germany. Back in Brazil, I am not having an easy time finding naturist options, especially in natural settings, despite our wonderful nature and climate. The natives were known for living in the nude and were treated as savages because of that, among many other things, mind you.
Brazil is a great mix of ethnicities, there are no such clear racial boundaries as seems to be the case for the USA. Because of this social context, I am often read as white here, although I am not and most Brazilians that think they are should spend some time in the Northern Hemisphere and have the shock of being considered people of color. Anyway, despite being mixed I haven't faced the racism that is still so prevalent but (not so much) concealed here, then I don't identify even as brown, and will proceed to share my reasons for entering the group.
I love history, especially those that are untold or threatened with erasing by the mainstream, colonizing view. Brazil has deep roots in many African cultures. You may have heard of the music, samba and axe, the food, feijoada, the "martial art", capoeira, and of course, of our sports stars, mainly soccer players, Pele and Ronaldinho; just a few examples. That is in part the result of a long history of slavery, as Brazil was one of the last countries to abolish human trafficking, and that is outrageous, but that heritage can be seen as the legacy of brave people inexorably passing their culture onwards, despite deathly repression. I want to know about that history from other places and regarding other cultural aspects as well (as naturism), regardless, both the bad so we don't repeat, and the good so I can cherish what we are and how we got here, humanwise. The cherishing part is what brought me here, I am very glad for being accepted in, as I am having a great time reading the insightful posts. I am here to learn, and will gladly take in your insights, sorry if anything was misplaced.

Nude, warm hugs!

This post was edited

Welcome to the group. I look forward to your thoughts and insights from your experiences. I think you will find that our host Earl, has a vast knowledge of American history as it relates to minorities and the nudist community.

Please comment on previous post that interest you.

This post was edited

Neto welcome.
Brazil is a unique racial ethnic situation for sure. There are some strong organizations and venues though I have never visited I have corresponded with some of the people who are involved.

Have you heard of Colina do Sol? It is a full time naturist community.

This post was edited