RE:Gratitude for nudist wife

Then at Valley View, some mean arrogant Bitch walked up to her and yelled at her in front of men, women and me, for having a bikini bottom on instead of being totally nude! We only visited the restroom and were returning to the meadow where we were secluded and had a blanket spread, and many women in thongs were doing their walks and laps for exercise .......long story short, my wife NEVER wanted to have anything to do with nudism again!!! NEVER!!! Closed subject, but she supports my nudism.

That's really unfortunate.

Had my wife had the same experience during the early resort visits, she probably would have reacted the same, tbh.

What the "nudity nazis" don't seem to realize is that most women will naturally adapt to their surroundings. The first time my wife and I went to LOTW, we did not know it was "all nude." She was used to being covered up outside the pool area; so she just assumed it was ok for her to wear a sundress while walking around the resort. No one came running after her to "take it off!" She did notice that other people were walking around the resort naked, though.
When we returned the following year, she made the same observation. So after settling down she decided that "when in Rome...", and chose to stay naked to go for a walk. As everyone we encountered along the way was also nude; she naturally felt comfortable just staying naked. It was only afterwards that we found out it was "all nude"; and at that point it wasn't a big deal, as it simply confirmed for my wife that she could now just leave her clothes in the car and just stay naked all day, without ever feeling pressured to do so.

The moral of this story is that "nudity nazis" are not needed or wanted. They can actually set people back by making them feel self-conscious and unaccepted.

Sorry that happened to you.

This post was edited

My wife joined me at a nude resort only because she understood that it was important to me as well.

She always supported me going. I was going to a resort regularly since before we were married as a single male. I continued going after we married with out divulging to the resort that I was now married. My day trips turned to weekend trips then to long weekend trips as I learned each visit was one visit if it was a day or a week. Each time I would come home to her asking about my visit there. She began to want to meet the friends I talked about.

I started down a path of stupid events that I would not recommend to anyone (none of which actually happened thankfully). At the same time, we started discussions about how we need to start participating in each others life more. I mentioned a few ways she could participate more in mine. I enjoy going to baseball games, hockey games, I like to bike ride, I want to do more kayaking and so on.

I dont think I even mentioned nudist resorts. That is what she wanted to participate in. Three years ago we started going to the same resort I had been attending together. She met all my friends. Some were happy for me and her visiting together. Some were not happy that I had lied to them. All in all it has been quite good.

Today, we are happy to visit our local resort together. We have planned longer vacations to other resorts. We have stayed at resorts that are on our travels to other vacation locations. She does go full nude. She does not call herself a nudist. She is there in support of me.

This post was edited

Nudony I will say the term nudist nazi's made me smile because I didn't have a label for them. I do now! There are extremist in all walks of life including nudist no matter toting the mantra of nudist being all excepting. I have read post in here as a matter of fact even wearing socks then your not nude. They can have that opinion and all the the best to them.

I have been at our local clubs evening camp fires and temps dipped into the 50's and yes the hardcore few guys were naked.
Well good on them as much as I prefer my wife never had clothes on I'm joining her clothing up. Obviously we are a nudist couple but at times she is not feeling it socially "just because" and so be it.

If we are termed not real nudist I can live with that as well. I can respect different opposing opinions however someone being in my wife's face suddenly because of a snap objection is another thing. Better ways to handle these things especially being nudist who are largely shunned by the majority in the USA.

This post was edited

My wife was not a nudist when I met her. As a matter of fact she had no interest in it whatsoever.But she recognized the fact that it was important to me. ...

Your experience is very similar to ours. Even starting at Mazo. Our first time going was a good experience. So she was willing to go again. Then another time. Then we tried Green Valley in OH. Then Blue Lake. The Heartland Naturist Festival. And Shangri-La in AZ. Then Sun Ray, Lake O' the Woods, Mira Vista, and last month Desert Sun, Blacks Beach, and Glen Eden in a trip out west. Some we've been to multiple times, others once ... so far.

In between those, we've been participating in ChicagoFunClub's events in the Chicago area. Steve and Katie are great and somehow are able to put on a wide variety of events.

I'm also glad to have such a great wife.

This post was edited

Nudony I will say the term nudist nazi's made me smile because I didn't have a label for them. I do now!

LOL! I don't remember if I or Fireprof came up with that one. Maybe a little bit of both. Regardless I think it is a fitting label in spite of its "political incorrectness."

Obviously we are a nudist couple but at times she is not feeling it socially "just because" and so be it. If we are termed not real nudist I can live with that as well

I used to sometimes read posts from "always naked" nudist couples; and it would make me second-guess our "status" as nudists. But then it's a bit of a futile and pointless "mind job."
Liz does stay naked at LOTW because she's now used to it and is comfortable with the "naked everywhere" setting. But outside of that; socially, it's a bit of a different story.
When we go to the B&B there's always some uncertainty as to "who else is going to be there too" besides the owners. At the resort we can be "off on our own" and socialization is a choice; but at the B&B, direct (and often close-up) interaction with the other guests is unavoidable. So Liz might decide to initially wear a sheer bathrobe, before determining who else is there and "what they're all about." She doesn't want to be completely naked right in front of someone whose brain is not ready for it. After she's ascertained - usually after a brief chat or simple observation - that the other guests are "nudism-minded", comfortable with nudity, and friendly; she'll then choose to be naked around them. And if the vibe is positive, she'll be comfortable with the "close proximity" naked social interactions.
So far she's never had a reason to not ultimately interact naked with the other guests (fingers crossed) but if she did, I would accept that she might not always be naked that week end.

Sure, there might be women with "high confidence" who will walk into any social nudist situation unhesitantly naked. I can appreciate that level of commitment to full nudity; but that's not Liz, nor does it need to be.

Choosing who is going to see you - or where you're going to be - naked does not make one a "lesser nudist" IMHO. Nor does being naked "anywhere anytime" make one a "real nudist."

This post was edited