I'm trying to convince my wife nudity is not a sin

My wife and I are Christians I love to be nude when I legally can
My wife however only likes to be nude in our home when it's just us. I did talk her into going to a nude resort last summer. I loved being outside no clothes sun on my body seeing my wife walking the trails with nothing but flip flops, going for a nice nude dip in the pool talking to all those around us. It was such a great and relaxing weekend that I'd love to do again. My wife on the other hand feels it was sinful seeing everyone else nude. She believes she should only see me and I see her. I told her that nudity is not a sin being nude around others is not a sin seeing others nude as long as you see them without lust. I said seeing others with lust is a sin it doesn't matter if they are clothed or nude but just being nude around others without lust isn't. So am I right in that belief how do I get her to let go and enjoy herself with me nude without feeling as though she is singing?

This topic was edited
RE:I'm trying to convince my wife nudity is not a sin

Totally agree with you. You have to tread softly. Never pressure her. Talk about it ask your pastor do things that make her comfortable. But never pressure. We talked about it when we first got together and talk some more. Then we decided lets lose the clothes and never looked back. But never pressured each other. If you talk about it more and more it may make her more comfortable. I

This post was edited

We were both raised babtis I will admit I do tend to try and persuade her a bit but never force her to do anything going 16 and a half years married and over 17 years together I try to persuade her by talking it through and sharing my beliefs on the subject but I don't force her and we try and compromise with each other on the things I want to do neither one of us was raised nude but it's a lifestyle I discovered solo she is firmly set against raising our kids nude and I respect that and she is fine with me wanting to be nude as long as the kids don't see I just wish she was more open to the idea I do love seeing her beautiful body thank you for your advice

This post was edited

Reading the book of Genesis it says God created Adam and Eve (Man and Woman), but never once says God told them to put their clothes on. To me that says God doesnt have a problem with humans without clothing. In the Ten Commandments God gave to Moses, not one commandment says you must keep your clothes on. Its just my opinion but I dont think that humans just not having clothes on is a sin.
As the others have said dont try to force your wife, it must be her decision.

This post was edited

Reading the book of Genesis it says God created Adam and Eve (Man and Woman), but never once says God told them to put their clothes on. To me that says God doesnt have a problem with humans without clothing. In the Ten Commandments God gave to Moses, not one commandment says you must keep your clothes on. Its just my opinion but I dont think that humans just not having clothes on is a sin.As the others have said dont try to force your wife, it must be her decision.

True. but God did make clothes for Adam and Eve after the fall.
The 10 commandments say nothing about clothing. There is a very detailed description somewhere in the old testament about what priests must wear when on duty in the Temple, but that is different from the regular population.
Also, in the story of David and Goliath, it mentions that David took off Saul's armor and clothing, but doesn't mention him putting anything on afterwards. It may well be that David was nude when he fought Goliath and the representations by Michaelangelo and others are accurate.

This post was edited

No need to reinvent that wheel.

Uncovering the Image
Christian Body
Famous Fig Leaf

All of those are great and should work to move her in the right direction.

This post was edited

Reading the book of Genesis it says God created Adam and Eve (Man and Woman), but never once says God told them to put their clothes on. To me that says God doesnt have a problem with humans without clothing. In the Ten Commandments God gave to Moses, not one commandment says you must keep your clothes on. Its just my opinion but I dont think that humans just not having clothes on is a sin.As the others have said dont try to force your wife, it must be her decision.True. but God did make clothes for Adam and Eve after the fall.The 10 commandments say nothing about clothing. There is a very detailed description somewhere in the old testament about what priests must wear when on duty in the Temple, but that is different from the regular population.Also, in the story of David and Goliath, it mentions that David took off Saul's armor and clothing, but doesn't mention him putting anything on afterwards. It may well be that David was nude when he fought Goliath and the representations by Michaelangelo and others are accurate.

God didnt make clothes for Adam and Eve until they had to leave Eden apparently to protect them from the weather outside Eden. Still makes me think that God is ok with not having clothes on unless its needed because of the weather. I could be wrong, I've been wrong before. LOL

This post was edited

My wife on the other hand feels it was sinful seeing everyone else nude. She believes she should only see me and I see her. I told her that nudity is not a sin being nude around others is not a sin seeing others nude as long as you see them without lust. I said seeing others with lust is a sin it doesn't matter if they are clothed or nude but just being nude around others without lust isn't.

Exact battle I am facing. Keep trying to help her see the light.

Adam

This post was edited

It may take time but I think the fact that you did get her to go with you once says you might be able to gently coerce her to do it again, and in time (conditioning) and no bad experiences involved (with no swingers coming up to you two in the hot tub and start hitting on you), I imagine she will come to a better understanding of what drives you to stay bare. The words are gently and with patience. People's attitudes can be swayed and you seem to be doing what you need to so far. If she never comes around, and some won't but she doesn't seem to be that closed-minded, at least you can still enjoy the beauty of nudism at home around her and with her and be happy. I used to date a woman who wouldn't even be nude when we were making love unless all the lights were off! You keep trying -- GENTLY & patiently.

This post was edited

So my wife had the "cause a brother to stumble" issue with social nudity. I had to ask her did Jesus say "If a man looks at a 'naked' woman with lust". No and a Muslim acquaintance of ours talks about how a woman's eyes can drive him to lust. So basically a woman in full burka can cause a man to lust. That is when she realized that she needs to live her freedom. One of our favorite resorts is Oaklake Trails in OK. They have a chapel in which you can worship God as he intended. Also the whole clothes thing was started when A&E interacted with Satan. He cause them to become body shamed. So as CHRISTians why would we want to do anything that Satan caused. Also notice that God replaced plant based clothing with animal skin. So if we are wearing cotton are we not going against God's will?

This post was edited

So my wife had the "cause a brother to stumble" issue with social nudity. I had to ask her did Jesus say "If a man looks at a 'naked' woman with lust". No and a Muslim acquaintance of ours talks about how a woman's eyes can drive him to lust. So basically a woman in full burka can cause a man to lust. That is when she realized that she needs to live her freedom. One of our favorite resorts is Oaklake Trails in OK. They have a chapel in which you can worship God as he intended. Also the whole clothes thing was started when A&E interacted with Satan. He cause them to become body shamed. So as CHRISTians why would we want to do anything that Satan caused. Also notice that God replaced plant based clothing with animal skin. So if we are wearing cotton are we not going against God's will?

Cool well read answer

This post was edited