Why have a beard?

Why do you have a beard? Why don't you shave your face?

There must be a variety of reasons men have beards. What are your reasons?

This topic was edited
RE:Why have a beard?

I've had a mustache forever. That's pretty much simply part of who I am. I believe the first time I grew it, it was just to see what it would be like. And I liked it. Had it for several years and then shaved it off one day. Hated it. Grew it back.

I had tried a beard a couple of times but it's so thin on my cheeks that I thought it looked bad. I had a mustache and goatee for quite a while. A few years ago, I decided to let all of it grow regardless of what it looked like. My thought was, this is me. This is my beard. It is what it is and I'm ok with it.

I haven't cut or trimmed it. What you see in my images is as long as it gets.

It's me. It's part of who I am.

This post was edited

Why do I have a beard? Easy. I get razor irritation on my face. Especially during the North Texas summers. My employer didnt allow beards until I was 34 and that was 24 years ago. Since then, Ive at least had a van dyke. Full beard has been kept going for 10 years. Ive trimmed it short a few times and Ive been letting it grow for about 18 months.

This post was edited

Easy to answer, if I didn't have one, I'd have no jaw line without one, as I have said many times before, I look like an ageing overweight cherub without one and at 56, it ain't an attractive look. LOL

This post was edited

It all started with me shaving my sideburns off at age 20. I hated the look, so I grew a mustache. I was in the military at the time, so beards were not allowed. When I exited the military, I grew out my beard and never looked back. That was 1998. I shaved it once for a party where I wore my dress blues, but grew it back immediately!

This post was edited

Having a beard feels comfortable. I started out with a moustache and moved to a full beard when I was traveling with a backpack. Now the beard is part of me.

This post was edited

I couldn't grow facial hair till my late 20s and then it wasn't worth much, now I'm more comfortable with my look and as some have stated, make me look more 'mature'.

This post was edited

THE JOY OF HAVING A BEARD I BELIEVE IS THAT IT IS VERY MANLY! IT IS SOMETHING WOMEN CANNOT DO! OTHER THAN THAT, I HAVE NO OTHER REASON WHY SOME GUY WANT TO HAVE A BEARD AS THEY TAKE A LOT OF TIME TO TRIM, CLEAN AND WOMEN MANY TIMES DO NOT LIKE TI AS MAKING LOVE WITH A BEARDED MAN IS NOT IN THEIR CATEGORY OF FEELING GOOD WHEN HE IS TRYING LIK THEIR VULVA OR KISS OR MOST ANYTHING ELSE! PERHAPS, WITHOUT ANY OTHER INFO IT IF SOMETHING GAY MEN LIKE TO HAVE WITH OTHER GAY MEN?
HICKGUY M.D.

This post was edited

Easy answer for me personally....vanity. with my bald head, I look so much better with a beard than without. "Vanity. It is my favorite sin."

This post was edited

For me its laziness. I cant be bothered shaving my face, Ive always hated it and Im far too lazy. So I just let it grow and I ended up liking it. Its much easier maintenance, just run the trimmer over it once every 2 or 3 weeks and nothing else required. Same reason I let my hair grow out, I cant be bothered maintaining cuts or styling it; so just let it stay long enough to tie up and forget about it.

This post was edited

I have a baby face and i feel the beard helps to hide this. Also, o feel that my facial hair is a part of me. Since high school i have had either a goatee, a mustache or as i am now a full beard.

This post was edited