RE:Jock straps

Oftern wear a js under my yoga shorts when teaching. Comfortable and supportive for obvious reasons.
I certainly found your yoga session wear to be more than functional Guus

This post was edited

I own about a dozen jocks, different brands and materials. Some are the old school Bike type jock, and I find them all comfortable.
I tend to work outside, so if the temperature is 50 or higher, I find the jock preferable in keeping cool and dry over other types of underwear. Commando is not always possible at work.

This post was edited

I agree with Treeboy. Always a great choice when working outside in the heat. Keeps you supported and no clingy, wet/ moist underwear irritating your balls!

This post was edited

It isn't right for me to respond to this thread, but it is my right to as a True Nudist, so why not! The reason for me saying this is that somehow I have lived sixty-two years and have never, not even once, put on a jockstrap or a cup. Never engaging in organized sports besides during gym class (and not much into organized religion, but I diverge), there was never a requirement for the such a thing in school, and so I made it through that time without ever having to don such a strange-looking item. I understand the merits and the support it might offer - don't get me wrong. But part of the reason why I use the term 'strange-looking' is because the 'bee-hind' is truly augmented dramatically by the design of a jock strap.

I'm going out on a limb here and I'm bound to get some grief, but did a homosexual design the first jock strap? It seems to grab one's attention the way the garbed man's cheeks are exposed - no - really framed by the fabric. I'm rather straight in my orientation - and here I'm talking about sexuality, please, not the demeanor of my dong - so my eyeballs don't tend to linger on men's tushes.

I do need to admit a certain love for wearing a thong under any damned garment when I'm forced to be dressed, so maybe you can forgive my intrusion into this topic a little. I really love the way my stuff is pulled up, how the shape of the fabric tends to accent my bulge when there's a thong underneath, not to mention the pleasing way the fabric feels between the back parts. That second point is fully lost with a jockstrap since the typical design roams around the outside of the cheeks instead of meandering in the midst of them. It took me some time to come to that conclusion, and I am sure most men wouldn't put up with a thong, finding that small bit of cloth rubbing there to be quite annoying.

As a full time nudist, it may seem a touch wacky to the reader that I enjoy any part of my body to be clothed, ever. In the want to help you understand my mindset, there is a confidence I feel when I'm out in public wearing a thong that is missing when I'm in regular men's underwear, or even when I'm going without any second layer, the so called 'commando' or 'gorilla'. I conclude that there are some similarities between the two garments I'm discussing, with previous posts here on athletic supporters mentioning some pleasure reached by the wearing which has nothing to do with physical support at all. I should mention now that all of my tighty whities hit the trashcan many years ago, finding them to be of marginal design and minimal comfort, and visually unappealing at best. All of my remaining 'regular' underwear is at least stylish and mostly colorful - you know, just in case I get in a car accident ; )

I am attempting to discard more and more of my clothes as my life here at the nude resort extends into the foreseeable future. At the same time, I am relatively sure that, like needing some clothing for when it is cold or during bad weather, or when I have to join the fake world outside the gates of our fair community, I will always have a few thongs in my drawer, to keep the wedding tackle at bay when a need for underthings is there or when I need to give a public speech and could use a little mental support. Will I go my whole life without trying a jock strap?

This post was edited

It isn't right for me to respond to this thread, but it is my right to as a True Nudist, so why not! The reason for me saying this is that somehow I have lived sixty-two years and have never, not even once, put on a jockstrap or a cup. Never engaging in organized sports besides during gym class (and not much into organized religion, but I diverge), there was never a requirement for the such a thing in school, and so I made it through that time without ever having to don such a strange-looking item. I understand the merits and the support it might offer - don't get me wrong. But part of the reason why I use the term 'strange-looking' is because the 'bee-hind' is truly augmented dramatically by the design of a jock strap.I'm going out on a limb here and I'm bound to get some grief, but did a homosexual design the first jock strap? It seems to grab one's attention the way the garbed man's cheeks are exposed - no - really framed by the fabric. I'm rather straight in my orientation - and here I'm talking about sexuality, please, not the demeanor of my dong - so my eyeballs don't tend to linger on men's tushes.I do need to admit a certain love for wearing a thong under any damned garment when I'm forced to be dressed, so maybe you can forgive my intrusion into this topic a little. I really love the way my stuff is pulled up, how the shape of the fabric tends to accent my bulge when there's a thong underneath, not to mention the pleasing way the fabric feels between the back parts. That second point is fully lost with a jockstrap since the typical design roams around the outside of the cheeks instead of meandering in the midst of them. It took me some time to come to that conclusion, and I am sure most men wouldn't put up with a thong, finding that small bit of cloth rubbing there to be quite annoying.As a full time nudist, it may seem a touch wacky to the reader that I enjoy any part of my body to be clothed, ever. In the want to help you understand my mindset, there is a confidence I feel when I'm out in public wearing a thong that is missing when I'm in regular men's underwear, or even when I'm going without any second layer, the so called 'commando' or 'gorilla'. I conclude that there are some similarities between the two garments I'm discussing, with previous posts here on athletic supporters mentioning some pleasure reached by the wearing which has nothing to do with physical support at all. I should mention now that all of my tighty whities hit the trashcan many years ago, finding them to be of marginal design and minimal comfort, and visually unappealing at best. All of my remaining 'regular' underwear is at least stylish and mostly colorful - you know, just in case I get in a car accident ; )I am attempting to discard more and more of my clothes as my life here at the nude resort extends into the foreseeable future. At the same time, I am relatively sure that, like needing some clothing for when it is cold or during bad weather, or when I have to join the fake world outside the gates of our fair community, I will always have a few thongs in my drawer, to keep the wedding tackle at bay when a need for underthings is there or when I need to give a public speech and could use a little mental support. Will I go my whole life without trying a jock strap?
If you haven't worn a jock by this time, I suspect you never will. I am surprised that they weren't required for phys ed when you were in school. They were for me, and am only a little older than you. I wore them for exercising for a while after that, but eventually stopped and wore briefs under my shorts. When I was in the process of wearing underwear less often, I thought perhaps wearing underwear with less coverage was an option worth trying, I bought a few thongs and tangas. I found the string in my crack to be very annoying, so when I started getting rid of underwear, then thongs were part of the first batch to go. What kind of regular underwear do you have that you think is stylish? I got rid of the last of mine about 5 years ago, except for one pair I kept for doctor' visits. I have since tossed that also and am completely underwear free.

This post was edited

Had to wear a jock for PE starting in 7th grade. I remember the coach being very clear about one point regarding the purchase of a jock. "When the guy behind the counter asks what size, he's asking about your waist." That was the fall of 1966 and you could only buy jocks at a sporting goods store and they were kept behind the counter -- had to ask for one.

We were told they protected you from injury during rough sports. Odd that it was only a problem during PE class and no one ever said they were necessary for rough play outside of PE class.

I strongly object to wearing any clothing while at home -- even a jock. My motto is: I'm home; I'm nude; I repeat myself. I have ceramic tile floors, which can become numbingly cold in the winter -- I do sometimes wear socks.

This post was edited

I was required to wear a jock for PE, and hated every minute of it. The elastic stank (yes, my Mom washed it) , it chafed (Yes, it was the right size), and I never had the slightest sense that it was protecting anything during the activities we engaged in. I thought of it then, and do now, as creepy fetish wear, and have not owned one since I gained control of my own body.

Maybe for somebody else, with different physiognomy and different activities - but it's totally not me.

This post was edited

I can understand that cups offer protection for the penis, but only see one purpose for jock straps: containment. It's a good institutional solution to the conundrum of big penises and short shorts which had to be addressed across the board. Since school uniforms no longer present that risk, the jock straps have become obsolescent outside of personal comfort.

This post was edited

We had to wear a jock in PE class starting in 6th grade. We also had to wear the standard blue gym shorts with a white shirt. My mom took me to Sears who sold the "official" blue gym shorts. Right next to the gym shorts was a rack of Bike jockstraps. I remember my mom (who had seen me nude all the time) saying, "you need a small jockstrap." LOL. It had a huge waistband with a huge pouch, neither of which was necessary, or comfortable, for my skinny body and hairless little prepubescent nub of a penis. In ninth grade I started running track and on the first day of "dressing out" in the locker room, a friend had a swimmers jock. It had a small waistband, small straps and a small pouch. I went and got one and that was the only jock I ever wore again. I still have one but never wear it.

This post was edited

Man, am I ever feeling the irony right now, discussing my man panty choices on a nudist website, ha ha!

To begin, I have hoarding issues I'm fighting and I'm convinced I will continue to squabble with all my life. My lovergirl helps me a lot, and when I moved in with her, the attitude she has helped me to live now by is all about "less is more". Easier said than done but I'm trying hard to chuck things more now.

Underwear is one of the things I've had a harder time breaking away from since the beginning of my overall disrobing when coming to the choice to live permanently at our wonderful nude resort. It was easy to lose the mundane undees from my past, but when it comes to the more stylish pairs which I've spent more money on, those seem to have gotten deeper into my psyche than those old-fashioned briefs. All my life I had those foolish white things on my bottom parts under my jeans, so once I was out on my own and had a little money I began buying colored men's panties - just a few pair here and there, until my thirties when I really got into it and found myself wearing the old 'whities' almost never.

Once I tried on my first thong (early forties I think) I was intrigued, and came to feel as though they were my little secret under my clothes, giving me some renewed confidence on the outside because of my sexy secret no one could see. I liked the way I looked in them in the mirror and how I felt in them, and how they cupped my cock and balls and accented my personal package. While giving tours at work, I would sometimes catch a woman glancing downstairs, and even taking a second look at my crotch(!) when I was wearing a thong. That rare occasion did make for some stammered-through spots in my tour mind you, but what harm is there in a little offsetting of pertinent information with a joke or useless statistic as I clamored to regain my composure after noticing a woman staring at my bulge? It got to the point where on days I was giving the tours I would never wear anything but a thong, and I collected a ton of those package-thrusting forward things. In time, all of my other underthings eventually got pushed to the back of the sock/undee drawer.

Nowadays, on special occasions or in certain circumstances, I still do rely on my old underwear, like if I'm going to a funeral or it is laundry day - a day much more rare now since I spend so little time in the clothing. As the months turn into years here at the nude resort, I imagine I will pair down that ridiculously large collection as the cloth ages and becomes threadbare. As to style, I'm tempted to take a picture of my collection, but for fuck's sake, I adore a little irony as much as the next person, but showing pictures of my underwear seems absolutely ludicrous right now. That said, I will if anyone really wants me to.

Stylish to me means colors or prints or alternative design. On the outside of my body, when I'm out in what we nudists often call the 'fake world' where everyone is covering up their true selves, I'm in shorts or jeans and button down or t- shirts, you know, pretty much the same bullshit I've been wearing since before I grew pubic hair. There's not a lot to do there, stylistically. I'm boring on the outside. But underneath you will find me colorful or joyously frilly and silly, comical and playful, with string bikinis of every color and cut, some more shameless than others, some downright dumb. The string style underwear were my go-to for a long time before I found the thong shelf in the men's underwear section of my local Kmart. I do miss that store sometimes. By then I had dozens of pairs of string things to collect my twig&berries into, mostly black and red and blue and green and innocent white, some patterns as well. Most everything string was from Walmart and Kmart and mostly from a company called "Life", five or six pairs to a package for $8-$10. Then came the not-so-slow march toward the thong life, and the colored ones stayed pretty much the same colors, but often included in the package of four was a zesty print pattern and those did intrigue me even more. Everything from zebra and snakeskin patterns to barbed wire, camouflage, flames, stripes...most everything like that is from Joe Boxer in my thong collection but there are a few aberrant Jockeys. Almost everything is all cotton except for a few microfiber pairs and even some bamboo fiber ones I stole from my honeybunny. But I'm a cotton man for at heart.

Okay, I had to do it - I took a picture of most of my panties laid out on the bed and will attach it to this post. No one asked but I'm a showoff deep down and there you have it. I don't plan to buy any more pairs, ever. As you can plainly see, I have enough to last a lifetime with our life in the nudist world. It makes me smile to think I may be wearing some of these into my nineties if I'm lucky enough to live so long and the elastic holds out!

And on a personal note - Minimalist, I understand how that tickling feeling on your netherparts can be annoying when the fabric is moving against you as you walk around. If you can suspend or ignore your uncomfortableness in that regard for a few minutes, you may begin to understand the underlying feeling of power and confidence wearing a thong brings me. It is certainly not for everyone. As for me, if I'm feeling extra-antsy for the action, I'll pick out a pair which has the thinnest bit of cloth between the cheeks to feel even more confidence. No one knows except me, myself and I yaye yaye!

This post was edited