Reading

I was doing errands yesterday and ran into an acquaintance who asked me if I was going to do anything to enjoy the pleasant weather. I told her I was going to read on my deck when I got home. I didn't tell her that I was going to do it nude!

This topic was edited
RE:Reading

Might have been a good opportunity to broach the subject?

This post was edited

Probably not. It was a woman I knew from church activities.
There was a time I probably should have pursued the subject.I was leaving a band rehearsal with one of my colleagues.
When I got to my car, I took off my shirt and sandals and unlocked the door. He said "Sometimes I think you would like to take off everything and live nude." I changed the subject instead of confirming his thoughts.

This post was edited

I was talking to a friend today, I told her I would be watching the Europa cup final tonight.

I never told her Id be watching it nude.

I speak to lots of people during the day., if they are not naturist I never tell them Im going to do something naked. If they are naturist, they would expect me to do things naked.

This post was edited

This is a curious string.
On the one hand why would you broach the subject of your mode of dress or lack of it while reading in a normal conversation? But because we have a predilection for nudity we wonder about including it in our conversations.
Then because we are talking with a present or former church acquaintances we balk at mentioning said predilection for nudity.
Minimalist could have said something like "I'm going to soak up maximum sun while I read on my deck." "...maximum sun" might have generated an interrogative about what that means or it would have just slid by. (please don't construe my comment as a "you should of" or as a scolding I'm just offering my thoughts).
I wonder if a Christian nudist could use the opportunity to introduce the ancient mindset of the Bible authors. e.g. Jesus was probably nude when he washed the disciples feet, or Jesus was probably nude when the women saw him at the empty tomb and mistook him for the gardener; gardeners didn't usually wear clothes while working because garments were expensive then and they could afford work garments. The Apostle Peter operated his fishing boat nude (when Jesus appeared to the disciples at the sea shore Peter had to get dressed). Which leads to another topic often talked about in this forum. When nude one should get dressed out of respect for the other person unless prior conversations about this have been had.
Just some thoughts. Meant only for consideration not to say anybody is wrong or right.

This post was edited

Your attire or lack of, should have anything to do with your reading.
Now if you were going to compete in nude water polo that might be an icebreaker.

This post was edited

This has raised some thinking about a few things - what we do nude and whether we should be 'out' to the world at large.

The latter point is always an interesting one (esp. at a dinner party) as we do all crave the moment of acceptance by all for our chosen lifestyle as well as the prospect of learning of another fellow nudie in your community or ('non-nudie') social circle. Both points here come with a sense of satisfaction. Personally on the next opportunity if reading on your deck is being discussed I would open up the notion of being nude in an indirect manner.

Reading in the nude - that's a given; wherever you can legally I say!

This post was edited

Your attire or lack of, should have anything to do with your reading.Now if you were going to compete in nude water polo that might be an icebreaker.

I do drop hints that I swim nude. Like mentioning that I like the privacy of a 6 foot stockade fence.

This post was edited

I do drop hints that I swim nude. Like mentioning that I like the privacy of a 6 foot stockade fence.

I wonder how many people passing our home with its private fenced garden assume it must be a naturists house.

I think it would only occur to a fellow naturist by way of thinking that they wished their garden was that private.

This post was edited

Along the same line, one of my younger colleagues mentioned something about buying a onesie. I said something like I could imagine it would be comfortable for lounging on cool evenings. but thought it would be too confining for sleeping. He said something about what I did find comfortable and I said if you saw me in it , we probably both would be embarrassed.

This post was edited

Sometimes a simple leak of jnformation like reading while catching aun or working on tan can lead to more questions and openings

This post was edited