Madison WI and Milwaukee Wi WNBR

Dates are June 18 for Madison and June 25 for Milwaukee

This topic was edited
RE:Madison WI and Milwaukee Wi WNBR

I just got an email that Chicago is on the 25th too. Kind of a shame having 2 of them so close on the same day.

This post was edited

Maybe because it is close to World Naked Hiking Day.

This post was edited

It's a shame @LondonWNBR/@WNBRLondon & @SFWNBR are both on the same date: Saturday 11 June 2022: I was really trying to do both of them this year, but the LHR-SFO flight West wouldnt allow Me to get to the kickoff on time at CUPIDS ARROW Park on the tip of the Peninsula but I could still make some of the Nude afterparties at some of the many local businesses that allow us to dine & shop 100$ balls out naked ( because THEY know Our Nudist $$$ are as bona fide as anyone elses ).

This post was edited

It's a shame @LondonWNBR/@WNBRLondon & @SFWNBR are both on the same date: Saturday 11 June 2022: I was really trying to do both of them this year, but the LHR-SFO flight West wouldnt allow Me to get to the kickoff on time at CUPIDS ARROW Park on the tip of the Peninsula but I could still make some of the Nude afterparties at some of the many local businesses that allow us to dine & shop 100$ balls out naked ( because THEY know Our Nudist $$$ are as bona fide as anyone elses ).

I had to choose between several rides held on the 11th of June too There is Columbus, OH, Toronto, ON, CA, New Orleans, LA and Austin, TX. I chose Austin since I already done NOLA twice, There would be a risk of cold weather (By my wimpy South Florida standards) And to a lesser extent Columbus. I figure it will be warm in Austin, plus can visit Hippie Hollow while there. I will probably do Columbus next summer and in a couple years will be living in Upstate NY in the summers so Toronto can be a decision based on the weather forecast. I know a few of the rides have after parties held at local bars. usually clothing optional so I agree that they know the value of supporting an event like the WNBR

This post was edited

I just got an email that Chicago is on the 25th too. Kind of a shame having 2 of them so close on the same day.

Saw that Milwaukee ride is at 4 and Chicago registration is until 8. If you parked at the end of the Milwaukee ride and had the stamina to rid 35 miles or so in one day, it might be possible to do both!

This post was edited

The Milwaukee ride would end between 7-8, The Chicago ride starts at 9. Unless you have a private jet it is not going to happen. Too bad Milwaukee does not start a few hours earlier. Then it could be done and I would do both for sure!

This post was edited

The Milwaukee ride would end between 7-8, The Chicago ride starts at 9. Unless you have a private jet it is not going to happen. Too bad Milwaukee does not start a few hours earlier. Then it could be done and I would do both for sure!

Thanks, Didn't realize the Milwaukee ride was that long.

This post was edited

It may not be that long, But I have yet to do one of these rides that start on time. In ATX we did not get done until about 11:30 which would be fine except I had to be at the airport at 5AM the next day.

This post was edited

Ready for the Madison ride. I am staying less than 4 miles from the check in point. Was just going to ride my bike there except it is 54 degrees out! I normally just wear a pair of nylon running shorts and no shirt to the ride since the shorts can be rolled up and do not take up much space.
This kind of temperatures is long pants and sweatshirt weather where I live and I don't have anyplace to store them so unless it warms up a bit by about 9:30 I will put the bike in the car and drive over.

This post was edited

Madison ride was fun, but got off to a rocky start. I decided that despite being a bit chilly to ride my bike the 4+ miles to the checkpoint.
This ride is weird. Nothing is announced in advance except the location of the checkpoint that is not the starting spot for the ride. They have a strict 10:45 AM cutoff and it is if you can't make it by then try again next year. I figured that I was about 25 min away by bike and left here at 9:40 just to be safe. When I was about halfway there my rear tire went flat. No big deal since I carry a spare tube and have a small tire pump. Only problem is the new tires I put on the bike have stiffer sidewalls than normal and I could not simply peel it off the rim like normal tires. I was in front of a used car lot and I went in and asked if I could borrow a screwdriver. The person there was very nice and even put his tire inflator on the air hose for me. When I took it off, I was surprised to see that the whole tube was dry rotted and falling apart. I bought these less than 2 years ago. Anyway, I put the new tube in, inflated the tire, put it back on the bike and was on my way. I ended up getting to the checkpoint at 10:40, just barely on time. If I would have missed the ride by a few minutes I would have been really pissed
The ride itself was a bit disappointing at first. Because everything is kept so secret there were hardly any spectators for the first couple miles. As we got closer to Downtown there were a few more, but nowhere near what I have seen on other rides. Then we got to the circle around the Capitol building. There was a farmers market type thing going on and it was packed. Tons of people cheering us on. The funniest thing I saw was a guy covering his kid's eyes with one hand and the other hand holding up his phone to take video of us.. We went through a park and a lakefront and through the University Of Wisconsin campus. Decent amount of spectators, but no where what I have seen on other rides. Overall it was a fun ride, met some real nice people including the organizer of the Milwaukee ride next week that I was going to skip to do the Chicago ride. He told me that doing both is doable and that he will save me a parking spot right near the start/ finish point so I can get out of there quickly. So I am going to do both rides next week, that will make 4 rides in a span of 15 days.
Overall my impression of the Madison ride is it was nice, but with the exception of the Capitol area the spectator count was disappointing. I do not understand all the secrecy of it. Most rides publicize it beforehand to get a good turnout. What is the sense of having a "protest" if no one is going to see it. Bottom line, Did I enjoy the ride -yes, would I drive 1500 miles to do it again -probably not

This post was edited