iPhone 13 Pro Users: I need your help, please.

Thanks for having a look to see if you may be able to help. I just bought a new iPhone 13 Pro and I dont understand whats happening. When I write messages in message fields on this website, I use proper punctuation and diacritical marks, and etc.; but, when I post the message much of the punctuation is missing. Everything Ive tried so far hasnt fixed the problem, even writing my messages outside of the browser then pasting it into the message field. Ive tried 3 browsers but none have worked. Any help is much appreciated! Thank you!

This topic was edited
RE:iPhone 13 Pro Users: I need your help, please.

It happens with all phones Ive had.

This post was edited

It happens with all phones Ive had.

Sorry to hear that, StevieLorna. I happen to be on my old Pixel 2 XL and I've never had issues with it. I'll give some example, which I hope will work... He'll, I'll, they'll, we'll, "quoted," words-hyphenated; semicolon, followed by a comma.

StevieLorna, have you always had iPhones?

I tell you, this gives me a whole new perspective on much of what I've read from others. Honestly, before I started using this new, very expensive phone I had a hard time believing folks telling me most of the mistakes happened after they hit send, not before. I'm hoping for a solution because my OCD and the grammar monster in my brain might not be able to handle this insanity...LOL!

Thanks for your input! Take care. Ken

This post was edited

I should have clarified, its happened on all my iPhones.

This post was edited

When I write messages in message fields on this website, I use proper punctuation and diacritical marks, and etc.; but, when I post the message much of the punctuation is missing.

This happens universally for me on this website, including when I write from my Windows 10 PC.
The infrastructure database for this website is old and out of date, like from 2006, and simply can't keep up. This site is dying and it doesn't look like anything will be updated soon.

This post was edited

The wife has that problem all the time. I only get it sometimes. But she changes her voice a lot. Showing that she is happy (which does not happen much) or excitement. I have wondered when we first get the phone and it finds our voice. We change the tone after?

This post was edited

This happens universally for me on this website, including when I write from my Windows 10 PC.The infrastructure database for this website is old and out of date, like from 2006, and simply can't keep up. This site is dying and it doesn't look like anything will be updated soon.

Thanks, stoneandy. I bet youre right. And, I bet it works on my Google Pixel because they make the effort to be back-compatible to antiquated web code because theyre Kings of the internet. Maybe Pixels are the only phones that work properly so Ive been in my little protective bubble all this time, judging everyone elses poor grammar. LOL! I really hope theres a fix, though. It hurts me to see the garbage that posts after Im careful to be grammatically sound.

This post was edited

The wife has that problem all the time. I only get it sometimes. But she changes her voice a lot. Showing that she is happy (which does not happen much) or excitement. I have wondered when we first get the phone and it finds our voice. We change the tone after?

Your wife sounds like my mom talking to her Alexa device. She thinks if she just tries to be a little nicer each time it doesnt understand her then it will eventually -be nice-, too, and do what shes asking it to do. The fact shes not using the proper words in the proper order is lost on her. Shes the sweetest person I know and my heart breaks a little bit when I hear her trying to get Alexa to -be nice- back to her by doing what she wants her to do and sometimes I cant help but to laugh my butt off.

This post was edited

I should have clarified, its happened on all my iPhones.

Thanks for the clarification! ;-)

This post was edited

We have been working on a very large site overhaul for 2 years. It had to be shelved when the Flash issue came up but it is back on track and should be in beta mode shortly.

Thank you for your patience while teamtrue1 works his butt of to get it launched. We agree that the site needs a fresh update and have been on it!

teamtrue2

This post was edited

Thank you for that update. I, too, try to be correct with grammar and varied contractions; the grammar will usually work but the contractions, ellipses, and attempts at colloquial speech its usually not too effective. But, Im not going to stop. I figure well get there *in a spell*.

This post was edited