Roll Call

Purebred Thisandthat here. Lab Spitz and Hound mix according to the Rescue Group I got him from. Eight years old now

This topic was edited
RE:Roll Call

Awesome, was looking for somewhere to add my doggie details. Rollcall is a great name.
We're a pack of 5, inclusive of our 3 fur babies.

Terra (as in Terra Firma) is our youngest by 3 months. She's a 3 year old purebreed red and tan Kelpie. Has a very gentle temperament and is very loving.

Roxy is also 3 years old. She's a purebreed blue Australian Cattle Dog. Is rather boisterous, very eager to please. Does a lot of head butting lifts, to make you spill a drink... no she's after some loves/pats/lay your hands on me.

And thirdly Peppy, our eldest. He's a 12 year old tri-coloured Tenterfield Terrier (Australian breed of a fox terrier crossed with a jack russell) bitsa cross with unknown father.
Got him at 18 months as a little rescue dog, but not through an organisation.
Whilst I was staying at a nudist venue for an extended period, I visited the neighbour and saw him in a tiny rabbit hutch. He could barely turn around. I told the owner, if she didn't want him to let him out and he'd come to me.
He'd run away from her several times before and visited me often. I didn't feed him, but I stroked him and talked nicely. I didn't pick him up (as he'd snap and growl) and didn't chain him up either. He kept running to me.
The woman let him go the next evening and he came directly to me, dragging a heavy large dog, kennel chain behind him. Some people shouldn't have dogs.
I asked a mutual friend of this woman's to get her to sign ownership to me. First thing, I got him microchipped... he was mine.
I kept his name, as he's full of pep.
Took a while to desensitise him. Mutual friend said she beat him with a broom handle and kicked him.
Anyways, he's been with me for over 10 years. Even now he'll snap at me, if I touch him while he's fast asleep. Otherwise, he's the happiest little mate ever.

Our 3 have a large toy box and get treats randomly, but frequently for no reason. Treats are sporadic, so they never known when to expect them.
Sleep on the tiles, in dirt under the house, on the lawn, on the concrete, our lounge, our chairs, their dog lounges and beds, as well as sharing our King size bed.
I don't recommend the later, as they take up too much room and it's very uncomfortable heat wise during summer months. They really love their creature comforts and we're just 2 softies, so we have to live with it now.
There's a couple of acres fenced off around our house, as a secure dog wire fenced yard with 4 gates. Just as well the Kelpie doesn't realise, she's capable of jumping fences.
We're on 100 acres (paddocks, woodland and rainforest) so there's plently of room to run, jump, play in water (boundary creek, 3 gullies with seasonal creeks, 3 dams and 4 seasonal waterfalls) and hunt (anything that moves). And we're close to beaches.
95% of our travels include them. So they're fairly well travelled. Otherwise we have a doggie sit swap arrangement with our local nudie friends. Works well, unless we have a holiday together that a dog free zone (like flying somewhere).
They're rather spoilt, it's a doggie (and nudist) paradise here. We're a very happy pack!

This post was edited