RE:Should Guests be warned?

When we arrived we noticed a sign that said that the hot tub and section of the deck near it was clothing optional. We were not told prior to arrival.

You WERE warned by the sign you mentioned. Prior to arriving, you were not a guest but just a potential guest. So you DID get a warning as a guest, by the sign they posted.

This post was edited

I think it is appropriate to advise in a listing that a specific area (hot tub, sunbathing patio, etc) is clothing optional if the place is not otherwise CO. Some nude-averse people really look forward to using those facilities and then they find that they arent really useable when they arrive.

I had the reverse happen to me. A place advertised CO at hot tub and sunbathing area but when I got there was informed if other guests dont object . Honesty and clarity really help in these situations.

This post was edited

I had the reverse happen to me. A place advertised CO at hot tub and sunbathing area but when I got there was informed if other guests dont object . Honesty and clarity really help in these situations.

If there are 15-16 people already there enjoying the hot tub sunbathing area nude and then 1 or 2 more show up and object to it do all the others then have to get dressed to accommodate the new arrivals?

This post was edited

I think it is plain that the rental property should not mention their hot tub in the sales pitch without also mentioning the clothing optional part. That said, when they were writing the advertisement, they of course didn't want to turn anyone off to making a reservation by giving information that most of the world deems unacceptable. We are a very slight minority, us happily-bare sort! By saving that possible bareness point about the hot tub until the renter sees the warning sign, they've got the renter on the premises already, payment has been made - so besides some nasty Trip Advisor reviews from the non-nudists (which can be damaging to one's reputation, certainly) it covers the bases.

As was stated in another post, it surely does also depend on the destination where this happened, like in Germany or Sweden where nudism is almost a universal activity when it comes to swimming and hot tubbing, versus a church convention center in Alabama.

To take away the use of the hot tub from someone who has rented a room but who didn't know the tub was clothing optional until they see a sign is not cool. And to say it's still an option for the non-nudist to use the hot tub clothed and not expect other people to show up and lose their suits is ridiculous. What are they supposed to do, avert their eyes or wear a blindfold just in case? Nudists need to be ever cognizant of our minority status in the world, though I wish that was not the case. We must always offer respect to the non-nudists double that which they offer us if we want to win over the clothed who might be curious about or teetering on the brink of trying out nudism. In this specific instance, the owners might not want to pay for a second hot tub, but if they want to play games with their renters by not telling them the whole story, that is what they ought to do.

I've been to way too many motels who help sell their property with attractive pictures of hot tubs and pool areas only to arrive at the property and see the wet area closed down due to some problem like the heater is broken or the pump needs to be replaced. And you can easily tell if it has been a long time since any work has been done on the offered amenity. I find it irresponsible and don't hesitate to complain. Last year my sweetie and I were traveling to Chicago and had made online reservations at what looked like a nicer motel in Indiana - the lobby's floor was torn to shreds in construction just waiting for someone to trip over, with no caution tape or cones or anything around the wrecked flooring, begging for a lawsuit, along with an indoor swimming pool full of people having fun, but we weren't allowed to enter because it was a private birthday party! When the party was over they locked the doors and said sorry, coronavirus policy. To use Covid-19 protocols as an excuse to selectively exclude some people from an amenity they advertise should be illegal. It is at the very least irresponsible. Yelped the hell out of that property, oh yeah!

This post was edited

Why would something thats optional bothers anyone?My wife doesn't want to see anyone nude except me.

Thats so sad. You have my sympathy

This post was edited