RE:Why do nudists dress in the evening at resorts?

I was fascinated to see how often people mostly women dressed in skimpy outfits including lingerie to go to dances at naturist venues. Also how elaborate Halloween costumes were covering up most of the body instead going with body paint or other options that didnt cover.Even eating breakfast was occasion to get dressed for some. Strange to me that if they slept naked they would wake and get dressed to go to eat a meal. But I cant assume they have the same mindset and do sleep without clothing.So dressing for dinner doesnt surprise me at all. Seems to be more about people what to feel and vibe they want to reflect when they partying or dining than being focused on being naked

Do you think part of the reason for dressing for breakfast is that it it too cool for some people to be comfortable nude?

This post was edited

For those who dress for meals a consideration is - are they going to an event in their mind? An occasion where dressing up to some degree in part of their value system?
Bottom line..to each their own.

This post was edited

For those who dress for meals a consideration is - are they going to an event in their mind? An occasion where dressing up to some degree in part of their value system?Bottom line..to each their own.

I think that is right. I think there is a effort to bring together conventional event dress and nudist context.

This post was edited

Do you think part of the reason for dressing for breakfast is that it it too cool for some people to be comfortable nude?

Possibly but breakfast typically ran til ten and the mode of dress didnt change much as it got later in the morning. I think some people still just associating eating with some kind of clothing.

This post was edited

Perhaps it's just the thought of having so much skin exposed in the presence of food. Presumably the food's not being touched by anything but hands, if even that, but some may have a degree of discomfort.

To me, being able to eat messy foods without the concerns of making a mess would be a benefit!

This post was edited

From my perspective- purely a sanitary subject. If one is going to sit outside of ones own abode it has always been considered proper to use a towel or such. In lieu of carrying something around for this purpose it can be much easier and fun to be wearing something so the arms and hands are free and is always a challenge to out dress or underdress. After all it can be quite exciting to almost be able to see how little one can wear, after all we are nudists!
I found this very thing at a resort I visited years back. I relished the fact I could go about all day naked with all others. When evening came around I could not wait to participate at the evening meal naked. To my surprise 90 % of the other nudists I had been around al day showed up as you describe, scantily dressed. I was puzzled and also one of the only ones without my costume!

This post was edited

We dine out in restaurants two to three times a month. We will put on nice clothes, Lorna will fix her hair and wear make up to go out. It feels nice to be dressed up on a night out. Everyone else in the restaurant is also well dressed.

My point is, a lot of people, naturists included enjoy dressing up to go out for dinner.

We personally, while at a naturist resort would rather spend the entire time naked and the last twice on holiday we chose not to eat out simply because we wanted to remain nude in the evenings.

The village we go to has three restaurants of which two have had nude evening dining but only on certain days, and even on those nights almost everyone was dressed.

This post was edited

The trend to be able to wear something inside a nude community sort of makes me feel as though there is a longing in some people to wear that which never gets used anymore. Like some folks who can't seem to break away from the habit of the clothed world while at a no-clothes resort to impress others with some clothing item that is otherwise left to get dusty in a drawer or closet. I've been trying to rotate the clothes I do wear when I go out shopping or do another errand, to consciously give an excuse to keeping all the clothes I still have yet to dispose of. Cold weather and excursions into textileland talk aside, what on earth does a full-time nudist like me have owning so much of this essentially useless stuff?? For me it's partly do to my long term mild hoarding tendency rising up.

For those who feel the need to dress for dinner at a nudist resort, I kind of feel sorry for them. Is it due to some unfortunate need to respect the kitchen and waitstaff at the resort who are required to have on clothes due to a local ordinance law?

I don't really understand the comments some have made in this thread about a reason for clothing in this circumstance has something to do with cleanliness around other people's food, or maybe what I see as the nonsensical idea that being nude at a restaurant somehow might spread germs or a food-borne illness. I just don't get it. A sneeze or cough does a lot more to spread germs than an uncovered crotch or breast. What do you think, a lactating mother's breast at the next table is going to spontaneously express all over your salad? Now there's a new dressing!

This post was edited

People are all different. Weve met people who are only naturist at the beach, they would never book a naturist resort, but would also never book a resort that doesnt have a local naturist beach.

Weve also met people who are only nude when the sun shines, even if its warm enough when its overcast.

It doesnt make them any less naturists, they just practice it differently.

This post was edited

The trend to be able to wear something inside a nude community sort of makes me feel as though there is a longing in some people to wear that which never gets used anymore. Like some folks who can't seem to break away from the habit of the clothed world while at a no-clothes resort to impress others with some clothing item that is otherwise left to get dusty in a drawer or closet. I've been trying to rotate the clothes I do wear when I go out shopping or do another errand, to consciously give an excuse to keeping all the clothes I still have yet to dispose of. Cold weather and excursions into textileland talk aside, what on earth does a full-time nudist like me have owning so much of this essentially useless stuff?? For me it's partly do to my long term mild hoarding tendency rising up.For those who feel the need to dress for dinner at a nudist resort, I kind of feel sorry for them. Is it due to some unfortunate need to respect the kitchen and waitstaff at the resort who are required to have on clothes due to a local ordinance law?I don't really understand the comments some have made in this thread about a reason for clothing in this circumstance has something to do with cleanliness around other people's food, or maybe what I see as the nonsensical idea that being nude at a restaurant somehow might spread germs or a food-borne illness. I just don't get it. A sneeze or cough does a lot more to spread germs than an uncovered crotch or breast. What do you think, a lactating mother's breast at the next table is going to spontaneously express all over your salad? Now there's a new dressing!

Try creative ways of getting rid of your excess clothing. You might find it more enjoyable than keeping it.

This post was edited