New solo seat kayak

Got the Intex Challenger Kayak Inflatable Set with Aluminum Oars for the new summer season hope its even lighter than my two seater Intex and easier to move around.

Also got a aqua Cruz inflatable stand up paddle board

This topic was edited
RE:New solo seat kayak

these are cool solo kayaks and seem to get good reviews i've thought a few times buying one for throwing in trunk of car as for the stand up board boat i wish i was younger and thinner but doubt i would do well on one. bottom line it's so easy now days to get into boating-kayaking for $100. or so i wish they had this back in the 70's- 80's .

This post was edited

Bought the Intex Challenger k1 for $90 - went out today for first time. It inflates quickly about 15 mins this first time and deflates even faster 5 mins. It maneuvers pretty good though it too a little getting used the a bit of a side roll sometimes.

This post was edited

if there is anyway to mount a skeg on the back it will make them track better , my first kayak was a 2 seat inflatable first launch it spun around finally got it going but when i put a skeg on the back it tracked 100% better.

This post was edited

Just curious, did you buy a factory skeg or just make your own? I have a kayak with a drop down skeg and you're right. There can be a huge diffeence in handling, depending on whether the skeg is up or down. It's especially helpful in a cross breeze. I have another kayak that doesn't have a skeg but I've thought about adding one. It would be fixed of course and, unlike the drop down, would create some inconvenience in certain situations. So I'm still debating with myself over how and whether to add one.

This post was edited

if there is anyway to mount a skeg on the back it will make them track better , my first kayak was a 2 seat inflatable first launch it spun around finally got it going but when i put a skeg on the back it tracked 100% better.

It came with detachable skeg

This post was edited

... Also got a aqua Cruz inflatable stand up paddle board

I just started paddle boarding as well. Here is a photo from Sandviken Naturist Camping in Sweden.

Ok, no FOTO because I don't know how to include it. Oh, I'm not verified.

This post was edited