When is the island typically accessible?

Assuming the river is still high and it would take a boat to get to the spit/island. Is it still marshy and too wet for a visit? The earliest Ive been is late august.

This topic was edited
RE:When is the island typically accessible?

I'd love to know the current conditions too. I was there three weeks ago and the trails were all deeply under water and there was zero access to the river. Mosquitos were horrible too.

This post was edited

This isn't a typical year at all. Usually the beach and the island are accessible by this time, but I went by on Sunday and the water is still very high.

This post was edited

This isn't a typical year at all. Usually the beach and the island are accessible by this time, but I went by on Sunday and the water is still very high.

This post was edited

Yeah, the rains went on forever this year so it's taking time for the river water level to go down.

The best way to check (without driving out there) is to look at the Bonneville Dam Water level (Just google it)
https://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?site_no=14128870

When the water level is at 15 feet you can wade out to the sand island. The water level was at 30 feet a few weeks ago and the water was all the way up to the parking lot clothing optional sign....

When the water is at 12 feet you can usually walk to the sand island with minimal wading. This is the graph for the last few weeks to today. The water is at 17 feet and falling.

This post was edited

Great information - thank you VERY MUCH!

This post was edited