Black's Beach - trails ? Secluded areas ?

We're in July, and probably the weekend in a week I'll be in San Diego. I really would love to visit the beach.
I've never been.

I read somewhere some people did walk naked there. I saw some trails. How soon can we get off any cloth legally?
As doing a small hike in the buff feels amazing, would love to be able to walk down to the beach just wearing shoes and a backpack.

Any place to sunbath alone, where no one will see you or bother you ? What would your recommendations for a first visit be ?

Thanks a lot.

This topic was edited
RE:Black's Beach - trails ? Secluded areas ?

This link should answer most of your questions:

https://www.blacksbeach.org/routes.html

This post was edited

Depends on which trail you use to come down to the beach. It is about 300 feet from the top of the cliff to the beach. If you use the main trail by the gliderport which you most likely use given where you will park, you should not walk down the trail nude. Virtually no one does this. If you want a secluded part of the beach then once you get down to the beach turn right and keep walking until you find the more secluded area. Enjoy!

This post was edited

Ill be making my first visit on Monday before a business meeting on Tuesday and plan to park at the glider port, head down the main trail and turn right. Not sure how far Ill have to walk before finding a spot.

This post was edited

This link should answer most of your questions:https://www.blacksbeach.org/routes.html

Holly MapQuest Batman! This looks complicated!

This post was edited

Skip the nude walk and take the main trail down to the beach. Once on the sand, head north (right). You'll most likely encounter some nudes close by but usually, most nudists wait until they get to the volleyball court. Use common sense and when you see nudes on the beach, it's okay to take your clothes off and begin enjoying your nude day on Black's.

The whole nude trek down to the beach will only piss some people off and we've already lost San Onofre State Beach, Trail 6 because of some idiots pushing the boundaries. Walking either of the trails while nude is not proving that you're anymore a nudist than those waiting til they get to the sand.

This post was edited

Ill be making my first visit on Monday before a business meeting on Tuesday and plan to park at the glider port, head down the main trail and turn right. Not sure how far Ill have to walk before finding a spot.

It's not that far a walk... usually about 30 yards or even less, sometimes, before you'll encounter nudes.

Depending on the crowd, on a busy day, you will come across topless women, younger women from the University to the right at the bottom of the steps on the main trail. On a typical weekday, when classes are in session, most nudes and topless sunbathing is done a little further north on the beach around 30-40 yards, closer to the volleyball court.

I've seen Black's get crowded enough where women will be topless at the bottom of the steps and on both the north and south sides. I've not witnessed anyone nude on the south side of the trail on the beach.

This post was edited

I'll use the volleyball court as a reference. Sounds like it is much closer than I was expecting. I've made it past the point where the meeting was rescheduled last time (the Friday before the week of travel leading into the Fourth weekend) so it looks like I am good to go this time.

This post was edited

Have a great time. Weather's been really nice.

The further past the volleyball court, the more nudes you'll be surrounded by. It's a fun beach, just a little tough for my wife to get to and get back up to the parking lot. Bad knee kills the joy!

This post was edited

We're in July, and probably the weekend in a week I'll be in San Diego. I really would love to visit the beach.Any place to sunbath alone, where no one will see you or bother you ? What would your recommendations for a first visit be ?Thanks a lot.

If you've never been to a nude beach before, I can understand why you might be asking where to be alone, attempting to get acclimated to the situation. But a big reason to go to a nude beach is precisely the opposite of what you're asking about - it is a social affair. Nudism can be solo, certainly, but on a beach I feel that you're really there more to be bare with everyone else and enjoy the community of naked people.

If you're not new to the social nude scene, or unless you're possibly planning to bring your son and he's not yet versed in nudism - and so you're giving him an avenue to become comfortable with the nakedness without others around, who might make you both uncomfortable or aroused - I hope you will reconsider trying to find a place to hide yourself away from others. Secluding yourself from other nudists at a beach is also going to make you miss out on a large part of what makes nudism appealing.

If you are looking to sunbathe where no one will see or bother you, put up bigger fences around your backyard (if you have one) and have at it. Seeing and being seen is part of the delight of this activity. Embrace the horror, man!! We're all equals without the damned cloth.

This post was edited

Have a great time. Weather's been really nice.The further past the volleyball court, the more nudes you'll be surrounded by. It's a fun beach, just a little tough for my wife to get to and get back up to the parking lot. Bad knee kills the joy!

I ended up sitting in front of the volleyball courts, so it was a good landmark. For some reason several groups of young ladies set up near me, so I got to see first hand the perv walks going by. After lying in the sun for an hour or so I did finally go in the water and it was a bit cold, even by New England standards. Then I packed everything in my backpack and walked down the beach to a non-descript white marker with yellow reflectors on it. This is where the beach patrol pickup turned around and where another trail in (from Torey Pines?) drops onto the beach so I turned around rather than go any farther. Then I walked back to the glider port stairs and got dressed for the climb back up Ay caramba! Mrs. J&C would not have wanted to go to the beach if she was in town with me.

This post was edited