Folly Beach

Hey all, I've heard that some parts of Folly Beach allow for nude sunbathing. Can anyone confirm this? Would be nice to have a local nude beach.

This topic was edited
RE:Folly Beach

https://nudistcompass.com/place/882 Found this online

This post was edited

Not legally by any means, but on a quiet day during the week in off-season, it might be possible.

This post was edited

Id love to go to folly for some nudist sunbathing. I live in Columbia.

This post was edited

I was just looking at Folly on google maps and somebody marked a place at the end of the beach near the east end. Called it Naturist Beach. There were some interesting comments. One said the police just ask they you are not in view of the houses.

Ive heard all of this for years, know it isnt official but havent seen anyone nude there. Others have told me they have done so discreetly at times.

Still Im intrigued. Weather permitting I may go this weekend to investigate.

This post was edited

There are no legal nude beaches in South Carolina although people do get naked on certain parts of Folly, especially near the old Morris Island lighthouse. It's not social nudity. They are looking for sex. I heard the police got wise to what was going on and started cracking down on it.

This post was edited

Folly is NOT a nude beach or clothing optional but you can go nude if you are discreet about it with no one around. The more remote section across from the Morris Island Lighthouse is the best spot.

This post was edited