What's the worst thing that happened to you nude driving?

Today I was making my way home from a wonderful few hours of nude bush walking; and the drive home was a journey of more than 100kms nude.

As I got closer the city, and as I entered one of the tunnels another driver who'd noticed I was nude gave me the 'thumbs down' out of his window...I paid no attention o him of course.

I had previously some time ago, the first time I drove nude in fact, go abused by a truck driver. It was just absurd in this case as at first I think he thought from his rear-view mirror that he was seeing a woman (perhaps) because he gave the thumbs up. Then when I started to get alongside his truck he shouted all sorts of profanities at me and calling me a weirdo...

I recall someone here in TN once commented that they had crashed their car while driving nude and found themselves caught behind a deplyed airbag and unable to get their clothing back on...

So tell me what's the worst thing that has ever happened to you while driving nude?

This topic was edited
RE:What's the worst thing that happened to you nude driving?

I recall someone here in TN once commented that they had crashed their car while driving nude and found themselves caught behind a deplyed airbag and unable to get their clothing back on...

A deployed airbag deflates immediately after doing it's job.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Getting pulled over and given a ticket. Night, remote stretch of I-95, no funny business, but somebody somehow must have spotted and reported me. The first thing the officer did when she came to the car was shine a flashlight into my lap. and give me a lecture about nudity, plainly assuming I was somehow up to no good. To justify the stop, she then gave me a ticket for "weaving in my lane."

This post was edited

I have done quite a bit of driving in the buff. Some even fairly daring like top down in my Miata in daylight. It was rural roads thru mostly Amish occupied countryside before they all got cell phones.
Most of the time I have clothes in the car with me. But a couple of times I have set out at night after a storm has knocked the power out
and I want to see how widespread the outage is. I am at the end of the line down a lightly traveled road. So I want to know if is a wider
area than the 3 homes on my spur.
I have never had a bad experience while driving nude. My biggest fears is hitting a deer or another kind of accident. The total number
of times I have been pulled over in my 46 yrs of driving is still in single digits and never for speeding.

This post was edited

How on earth do Amish folks justify cellphones? A couple of decades ago I was in an area of Pennsylvania where they live and there weren't even phone lines on poles - I find it difficult to believe they've now embraced that technology, one of the worst intrusions into people's private lives that has ever been devised.

Just as with every other religion, there are shades within the Amish (and Menonite) communities. Some embrace (or shun) technology more than others.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

The "worst thing", which actually wasn't that bad and kinda funny, wasn't with me but with my first wife. She'd fallen asleep and slipped out of her sarong (or it slipped off of her) on our way back from a naked week end. When we got home and I parked the car, in her somnolent state, she proceeded to step out of the car nude, and realized she was naked on our street halfway up the driveway. I was ahead of her when I realized the situation, so I hurried up and opened the door so she could dash inside. Luckily it was late and our street was poorly lit; and as far as I know, no one saw my wife running naked up the driveway into the house lol!

Situational awareness and quick thinking are key when driving (or riding) nude IMHO. Those few times I drove nude, I had my shorts around one ankle for a quick pullup if the need to cover up arose. Obviously, having a "nude-driving-friendly" vehicle (Jeep/truck/tinted windows, etc...) helps a lot. Even if you think you've got it figured out, you just never know what road/traffic hazards might befoul you.

This post was edited

Been driving nude for so many years, I've never really had a "worse thing" happen to me. I drove off and left the shorts and t shirt I was going to use back in the garage at home. I'd driven back to the house we'd sold to do some "fix its". I needed a couple of things and was going to head over to Home Depot. That's when I realized, I didn't have any clothes. To make matters worse, I had to drive back to our new house to get clothes and the stuff I'd forgotten to fix all that stuff. As I got into my truck, the fuel light went on. Now I had to go to the gas station and pump gas naked. Somehow, I was able to do so with little trouble.

The other time was arriving at work. I'd driven to work and back home the following day, naked every time for 32 years. I arrived this one day at my last station earlier than usual. My opposite asked to be relieved earlier than normal. I drove naked to work, drove into the fire station apparatus floor and exited my truck completely naked and walked upstairs to the locker room. Later that morning, I walked over to the police station for some business. I walked into their dispatch center where two younger women were giggling while I was talking to a officer. I asked them if I'd done something funny. They reminded me that post 9/11, security cameras were all over the place on the police station and my exit from the truck was not only caught on tape but was viewed by both of them . They were quite accepting of it and asked when I was going to put on another show so they could ensure they were on duty.

This post was edited

We built a large private backyard so Luann could be outside naked and not caged in the house. I spose one could call it us "celebrating" in an intimate manner when a very high and large piece of farm equipment passed thru the neighboring property. No doubt we were busted but the farm manager never made mention. Well at least for a while then it leaked to me later on they knew "things". I know when to play dumb and I was even dumber.

This post was edited

Nothing like the old *dumb & dumber* routine to help make the issue go away. I suspect everyone got a slight chuckle out of that one!

This post was edited

Just as with every other religion, there are shades within the Amish (and Menonite) communities. Some embrace (or shun) technology more than others.

John aka cobeachbum

you are correct the local bishop decides what technology each community lives with. Even things like covered versus open buggies. Among the communities the Amish with open buggies are referred to as the " poor Amish" by those who have enclosed buggies.
On a side note all the Amish refer to any non-Amish person as " English" No matter your race or national heritage you are English to them.

This post was edited

Two incidents which kind of tie, so I'll mention both: FIRST; In mid 90's was working in Bay Area on a long job that earned me a lot of excess per diem, so I used it to buy a new Ford 4X4 and then drove home to SoCal (Norco) when the job was over. I decided to leave at 11 at night after the job finished instead of waiting until morning, and decided to do it nude the whole way, even into my back yard where I would have to exit the truck to open my side gate. Everything was excellent until I realized I would be coming down the grapevine in rush hour traffic. My saving grace was that I was in a tall 4X4 and not a car, so only truckers and other high vehicles could look inside, but as the dawn grew brighter, I got more and more nervous. Then I hit the typical bumper to bumper SoCal crap right when nearing six flags, and I could tell some truckers I passed were looking at me, as well as drivers in other high vehicles like mine. No school buses since it was too early for that, but I was seen. Once past Pasadena, I was going opposite of the high flow, so the traffic was not bad. Got into Norco about 7AM, saw some folks coming my way on their horses (Norco is an equestrian town where we have horse trails on our streets and not sidewalks), but I managed to exit the truck and get the gate open before anyone saw me. Drove into the backyard and unloaded my truck naked and went inside to get some much needed sleep. The experience was thrilling, but I was definitely seen and could have been reported. I have commented many times on other posts that I could not have been arrested (I am a former CA Peace Officer) as I was not doing anything lewd, but any peace officer who pulled me over could have been a dick (or bitch) by having me exit the truck and be bare assed in front of everyone who passed me. SECOND; Living on the western slope of Colorado, I had several nude recreation areas I had found and since I lived 24/7 naked on my 35 acres in the wilderness, I would often drive to them without ever putting on clothing. Sometimes I would take a pair of shorts if I wanted to stop at the general store up on Glade Park for a snack or drinks, but otherwise, I never even took clothing with me. On this occasion, I was going to go to my Colorado River spot in the remote section of Utah that could only be accessed through Glade Park, where I had set up a wonderful spot to float in a side stream formed by an island that masked you from the main section of the river. I had set a rock climbing mount in the sandstone cliff on one side of the side stream, and a deeply driven fence post into the island, and stretched a rope with several figure 8's tied in so people could hook onto the figure 8's and float on their personal floats, especially the ones with netting that allowed you to be semi submerged. Great way to tan your buns and remain cool on a scorching day. I had only seen LE in that area once, and that was a state trooper responding to a traffic accident. On this occasion, halfway to the state line, I saw a Sheriff's patrol way ahead of me, and I knew I was done for if I was stopped. As a former officer, I knew that if I maintained the distance between us, that might make the deputy suspicious and he might pull over to allow me to get ahead of him, but that is what I did, and thankfully, he/she pulled onto a side road and drove onward, but only after I played that game for several tense minutes. I went on to have an awesome day naked on the river, but those few minutes on the drive there were pretty tense.

Don

This post was edited