Have you ever lost your job due to your nude lifestyle?

Okay this is a broad battle ground I do concede as some people may have lost their employment and suspect it was due to their nude life choices but have no proof. There is of course many avenues to this too - turning up at work naked versus inadvertently being seen via Skype or simply somebody downloading a pic from TN and sharing it...But I want to hear your stories.

If I may start; it was the pandemic and my overseas employer asked me to stop the office rent and work from home. It was summer and damn hot, and my electricity bill was going up and up. So I would simply swim in my pool a number of times during the day, and be naked between swims and leave the AC off. At first I would cover the camera on my laptop and I would always dress the part for Skype meetings. After a while I dropped the cover off the camera and left it turned off.

By the following summer and still working from home I was nude more than ever while working at the laptop. My employment came to a sudden end with my employer stating it was 'them and not me' 'nothing I had done' to cause the redundancy. They repeated the 'nothing I had done' way too many times in the dialogue over the next few weeks as I wrapped up their assets and shipped them back to them. Later when I asked about a reference the line 'sure, you worked your butt off for us' was also said many times.

Some years earlier I had had a conversation in their office (overseas), when one of the owners quipped, you know we can check on you via the camera in your laptop....

This topic was edited
RE:Have you ever lost your job due to your nude lifestyle?

Employers are extremely careful and vague in defining reasons for firing or laying off someone. They don't want to get sued.
Working from home has inherent risks and should be taken into consideration. I'd protect your privacy by not revealing - intentionally or unintentionally - parts of your self or home not relevant or appropriate to your job.
When it comes down to it, your job performance related to the company's metrics define job security. Since those metrics tend to shift (not necessarily based on logic), job security is never a given.

This post was edited

Employers are extremely careful and vague in defining reasons for firing or laying off someone. They don't want to get sued.Working from home has inherent risks and should be taken into consideration. I'd protect your privacy by not revealing - intentionally or unintentionally - parts of your self or home not relevant or appropriate to your job.When it comes down to it, your job performance related to the company's metrics define job security. Since those metrics tend to shift (not necessarily based on logic), job security is never a given.

I know. I was admittedly trying too hard to be friends with a male subordinate and he filed a complaint. I was fired without knowing the contents of the complaint which HR refused to let me see. Rumor had it that he said I was making sexual advances, which was not true.

This post was edited

In the states some states are easier than others to fire people with no reason at all...Its called "Right to work" It the opposite of what it sounds like.

This post was edited

In the states some states are easier than others to fire people with no reason at all...Its called "Right to work" It the opposite of what it sounds like.

I believe that Right to Work means that you can't be forced to join a union.
The ability to fire without stating a reason is At Will Employment.

This post was edited

In the states some states are easier than others to fire people with no reason at all...Its called "Right to work" It the opposite of what it sounds like.I believe that Right to Work means that you can't be forced to join a union.The ability to fire without stating a reason is At Will Employment.

Nope thats just the part most repeated....Its another clause in it called "At Will Employment".

Like the other 27 right-to-work states in the U.S., employment in Arizona is contractual in nature (Title 23-1501). This is also known as at will employment. States with at-will employment are often called right-to-work states. This means that a contractual relationship between employer and employee can be terminated at any time. You can also be fired without any reason.

This post was edited

Not here in Australia - an employer must be crystal clear about the reason for termination.

On performance grounds it must be 'proven' with fair and reasonable warnings with an auditable trail of discussion on the matter.

For redundancy it can only be for certain reasons, of which market conditions can be considered suitable. I would assume if I tried any legal action that my former employer would now hide behind a covid down turn...

This post was edited

At least where I work if it got to the owners I am a nudist I can't see they would be bothered at all and the wife most likely just think it was funny.
The previous part time (zero hour) job I would have been surprised if they would have been bothered at all.

This post was edited

Okay this is a broad battle ground I do concede as some people may have lost their employment and suspect it was due to their nude life choices but have no proof. There is of course many avenues to this too - turning up at work naked versus inadvertently being seen via Skype or simply somebody downloading a pic from TN and sharing it...But I want to hear your stories.If I may start; it was the pandemic and my overseas employer asked me to stop the office rent and work from home. It was summer and damn hot, and my electricity bill was going up and up. So I would simply swim in my pool a number of times during the day, and be naked between swims and leave the AC off. At first I would cover the camera on my laptop and I would always dress the part for Skype meetings. After a while I dropped the cover off the camera and left it turned off.By the following summer and still working from home I was nude more than ever while working at the laptop. My employment came to a sudden end with my employer stating it was 'them and not me' 'nothing I had done' to cause the redundancy. They repeated the 'nothing I had done' way too many times in the dialogue over the next few weeks as I wrapped up their assets and shipped them back to them. Later when I asked about a reference the line 'sure, you worked your butt off for us' was also said many times.Some years earlier I had had a conversation in their office (overseas), when one of the owners quipped, you know we can check on you via the camera in your laptop....

In a round about way yes although they never said it at the time . I worked at a school and a malicious accusation was made about me by one of the neighbours over a grudge she had with my wife . The school new of my life style and had made it clear in the past they didnt approve but could do nothing about it . The accusation was investigated and dropped during which time I had been suspended on full pay . When I then went to return to work I was told my employment had been terminated . I asked why and they gave me a load of rubbish about I had caused disruption in the school and where there was smoke there was fire etc . I couldnt be bothered to fight it so just walked away . We moved soon after as the same neighbour was making our lives hell . My ex had a habit of rubbing people up the wrong way without even trying .

This post was edited