RE: Male Only Gyms

I was a college freshman in 1968 and my PE swimming class required us to be nude. That was where I learned to be a nudist, at least when swimming was concerned. After that avoided the water unless I could be nude.

This post was edited
RE:Male Only Gyms

i miss male only gyms and wish they would make a comeback. would be nice if they allowed you to work out naked too.

This post was edited

I was a member of a Male Only gym in my hometown. It was privately owned and started by local businessmen. It featured a swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, steam room, all of which nudity was permitted. Other areas of the gym, such as the weight rooms and machines, required some clothing to be worm. A few years back, some women complained that they were being excluded unfairly from the gym. The gym decided to allow women access during selected days of the week. After a while, when no other women were showing up, the gym went back to being Men Only. I enjoyed my naked time there. It is a great feeling to be able to skinny dip all year long. Unfortunately, my health issues prevented me to continue my membership there. Once my health is fully restored, I plan on rejoining this club.

That's odd about the women complaining. I just did a search online and found A LOT of women-only workout places. Looks like people will complain about everything, even if they already have their own places to gather exclusively.

This post was edited

I was a member of a Male Only gym in my hometown. It was privately owned and started by local businessmen. It featured a swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, steam room, all of which nudity was permitted. Other areas of the gym, such as the weight rooms and machines, required some clothing to be worm. A few years back, some women complained that they were being excluded unfairly from the gym. The gym decided to allow women access during selected days of the week. After a while, when no other women were showing up, the gym went back to being Men Only. I enjoyed my naked time there. It is a great feeling to be able to skinny dip all year long. Unfortunately, my health issues prevented me to continue my membership there. Once my health is fully restored, I plan on rejoining this club.That's odd about the women complaining. I just did a search online and found A LOT of women-only workout places. Looks like people will complain about everything, even if they already have their own places to gather exclusively.
I believe that the basis of women's complaints about male only clubs and gyms was that business was being discussed in them and that put women at a disadvantage. Some disgruntled men counterproposed that if women wanted badly enough to be there, they should accept that they would see nude men.

This post was edited

That's odd about the women complaining. I just did a search online and found A LOT of women-only workout places. Looks like people will complain about everything, even if they already have their own places to gather exclusively.

Women complain for power. They want access to everything on their terms for equality, but will hold on to their "protected spaces" and homosociality like boa constrictors. Many women are quick to throw around homophobia ("looks like you're spending TOO much time with your friend lately") and either deride penises or consider them weapons of subjugation. And it works. Therefore, my criticism is directed at fellow men for letting them get away with it. We need our man caves, our bromances, our guys night out going to hear "The Penis Monologues" and most of all ... our male only gyms!

This post was edited

That explains so much.

This post was edited

That would be great. I have never been to a Male Only Gym but I would enjoy the freedom from clothing during my workouts or swimming / sauna.

This post was edited

I need to find one of these gyms...

This post was edited

Me as well. Watching the naked body move unobstructed and in detail with mirrors is a great seldom seen perspective. I always train naked at home but gymtime is another level!

This post was edited

Same for me

This post was edited