Going 8/28-29/2022

We are a couple going to Apollo beach for the first time. We are staying in New Symyrna. Can anyone give us best advice on parking and the beach? We will be getting there in the afternoon and from what Im reading, the parking lot is full early. I hope we can find out some good info.

This topic was edited
RE:Going 8/28-29/2022

Hi!!
Love Apollo beach. But like you said it does get pretty full pretty early. Unless youre willing to walk a bit try and get there early. I tried one day going early afternoon and couldnt find any parking for the nude beach section so i had to park and walk the beach a ways to get where i wanted to go. The next day i did go fairly early in the morning and had better luck. Its a beautiful beach and hope to go one day again soon. Unfortunately Im from Pennsylvania and it might be a while. Jealous youre going but hope you have a great timeenjoy!

This post was edited

Hey thanks! I hope when ever we get there it will be ok. We cant wait.

This post was edited

Im hoping there is turnover by the time we get there. I guess we will see. Thanks!!

This post was edited

If you arrive and the lots full its customary to wait in your car at the south end of the lot, just as you come out of the turn around. Pull up far enough to see down the road. Other cars normally get the hint and pull in behind the waiting cars. Once someone comes out w theyre stuff its best to have a passenger politely approach and ask if they are leaving. If so, tell them you dont want to hurry them but youll pull your car up so as not to lose the spot.
Most people are extremely understanding both waiting their turn and when approached about leaving. As always, there are also some folks that the laws just dont apply to. Let em know your waiting but - Dont ruin your day with their attitude.

Tip: Rain storms are short but they can run folks off especially if theyve been there for a while. An afternoon shower usually opens up several parking spots.

This post was edited

Hey thanks! This is great advice. Ill keep all of this in mind. I expect a big crowd, so no matter what our patience will be important.

This post was edited

Have been visiting there before and the 3 times we have been the it was during the week and at around noon. We lucked out each time and found parking available. Dont know about the weekends though. Good luck and have a fun day naked under the sun!

This post was edited

As has been said, there tends to be a shift change between 1-2 pm. Unless you are there very early that may be your best bet. If you are interested, there is a rocket launch coming up, a very large and powerful one which would great to see from that beach.
Hope you have a great trip!

This post was edited

Noticed today that the south end of Apollo parking lot - the area where cars turn back north has launch monitoring equipment and is roped off.

This will increase the aggravation level through this weekend and for the launch.

This post was edited

Noticed today that the south end of Apollo parking lot - the area where cars turn back north has launch monitoring equipment and is roped off.

This will increase the aggravation level through this weekend and for the launch.

This post was edited