RE:Coming out as a nudist at work?

As others have posted, there are to many variables in each situation to give an answer that will work for everyone. I can only tell you what I have done and so far I have never had a negative response.

At my previous job, there were only two of us. My boss/brother-in-law knew I was a nudist and by the time we had to close the business after ten years, most of the other tenants in our small industrial complex either knew I was a nudist or had actually seen me nude.

I have been at my current job since the summer of 2015. It is also located in a small industrial area but with a lot more activity. We share the unit with another company. They have the front office area and we have the back warehouse. There are two owners of the company I work for that spend most of there time in the field. I work alone in the warehouse taking care of shipping/receiving and helping the occasional will-call customer. The other company consists of the owner and two women who handle sales.
Until a couple of weeks ago, none of these people new I was a nudist.

It has been extremely hot the last few weeks. The front office closes about an hour before we do and I will change into my WNBR shirt once they leave. I can put my regular shirt back on quickly enough if someone comes back in.
One of the women from the front office has been staying late at least two days a week.
I finally told her I normally put on a sleeveless t-shirt but was not sure how she would feel about the image on it. Her answer surprised me when she said I could go without a shirt and it would not bother her.
I kind of laughed and said don't temp me.
A few days after this exchange I had the WNBR shirt on when she came back to tell me she was leaving for the day. I walked her back through the office in order to lock the door after she left.
It took a few minutes for her to realize what was on my shirt and she asked if I had actually done that.
I told her not only had I ridden once but in June had completed my twelfth ride.
Her reaction was one of surprise but also support.

Before anyone questions why I do not work without a shirt on or even nude, I do, but only on those occasions when I am 100% sure no one will be coming in.
Attached is a picture of my shirt and another one I took on Friday (9/2/22) showing I do occasionally work nude.

This post was edited

If someone told me that I could work shirtless in a warehouse, I would take every advantage of it.
Where have you done a WNBR?

This post was edited

They knew in my office before I started. They welcomed me with open arms.

This post was edited

If someone told me that I could work shirtless in a warehouse, I would take every advantage of it.Where have you done a WNBR?

I do take advantage of every opportunity to at least take my shirt off, if not be completely nude.
My problem is I do not know when one of my bosses could come in unexpectedly.

All my WNBR rides have been through Los Angeles, CA.
My first one was in 2010 and we only had about 80 riders.
I have ridden in all twelve rides since then (naturally there was no ride in 2020).

I will repeat what I have said whenever I post about participating in the WNBR.
Based on the positive reaction from almost all that see us, I know that the vast majority of the general public does not have a problem with simply seeing someone nude.

This post was edited

If someone told me that I could work shirtless in a warehouse, I would take every advantage of it.Where have you done a WNBR?I do take advantage of every opportunity to at least take my shirt off, if not be completely nude.My problem is I do not know when one of my bosses could come in unexpectedly.All my WNBR rides have been through Los Angeles, CA.My first one was in 2010 and we only had about 80 riders.I have ridden in all twelve rides since then (naturally there was no ride in 2020).I will repeat what I have said whenever I post about participating in the WNBR.Based on the positive reaction from almost all that see us, I know that the vast majority of the general public does not have a problem with simply seeing someone nude.

Does your boss have a problem with you working shirtless if you keep your pants or shorts on?

This post was edited

Unfortunately I have to keep my personal life and professional life separated. There are just some things my coworkers should not know.

This post was edited

i was thinking about telling my workmate that i am a nudist, but then i feel it's not necessary

This post was edited

Not straight out, but don't deny. When asked about what I do on my day off I tell them I went to the beach or hikes. If they ask where, I tell them. If they ask further we talk about it. I'll go as far as they want and will offer to take them for the day.

This post was edited

I've never actually told any of them, it just seems an odd thing to bring up, what are they supposed to do with that information? Although if the topic ever did arise I wouldn't have a problem about saying I was a naturist, I don't know if they know or not, they know I'm certainly not a prude about nudity, on occasions where we've had to work away and ended up having to share a room, I still sleep naked, they must have noticed I don't wear underwear, and I can't be bothered trying to do that silly thing of trying to put your trousers on with a towel still wrapped around you!! In my experience also once they see you're not bothered they don't bother trying to hide they just act normally as you would at home,Once the boss came round to my house to drop something off ( I didn't know he was coming), my back door was open as it was summer and I was in and out of the garden, he just walked in, and of course I was naked as is usual at home,I will just pick up on one point in the previous post which I agree with, the label, either naturist or nudist, in most people's mind they misconstrue that as" getting naked", rather than just not getting dressed, the outcome is the same but the perception is differentid prefere to say i go home and get comfortable, rather than get naked, cos thats what most people do, and i know im generalising, but the masses of the textile world do exactly the same thing, they get in from work and change int what they feel comfortable in when relaxing of an evening, which is exactly what i do, the only difference is what i feel most comfortable in is ..nothing..

Before I spent a lot of time nude at home, when I came home from work, or somewhere else where I had to be fully dressed, I would take everything off and put on just gym shorts. Now I realize that it is not as comfortable as being nude, but still a lot better than being fully dressed.

This post was edited

Everyone at work knows I'm a nudist. No big deal man. Some have come to the house for a social nudism get together.

This post was edited