Nudists, Neighbors, and the Backyard

"My wife and I are lucky to live near the
friendliest, most helpful neighbors we could ask for.

Heres the problem.
They have a swimming pool in their backyard, and when they use it ..."

Entire Q&A here: www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/jul/20/wife-doesnt-mind-neighbors-nudity/

This topic was edited
RE:Nudists, Neighbors, and the Backyard

Entire Q&A here: www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/jul/20/wife-doesnt-mind-neighbors-nudity/

In the context of the article,

Are you comfortable being seen by your neighbor(s) in the nude in your own property (backyard)?

Do you think your neighbor(s) are uncomfortable seeing you in the nude?

This post was edited

I would suggest working at comfort with the nudity. Perhaps stripping and enjoying the fresh air in your own backyard. So much cheaper than a fence.

This post was edited

Entire Q&A here: www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/jul/20/wife-doesnt-mind-neighbors-nudity/In the context of the article,Are you comfortable being seen by your neighbor(s) in the nude in your own property (backyard)?Do you think your neighbor(s) are uncomfortable seeing you in the nude?

Yes, we are comfortable being seen by our neighbors while nude on our property (backyard). We'd be comfortable being seen by our neighbors in our front yard, while nude, if it were legal.

I don't think I can say for certain that our neighbors are comfortable having seen us naked in our backyard. We know for certain they have and they haven't complained or called the cops. It's typical for us to be minimally covered in our front yard and they undoubtedly caught a glimpse of us naked in our garage. Still, no complaints or cops at the curb. So being comfortable isn't a word I'd use for our neighbors. I think they are tolerant or accepting.

This post was edited

I just did a project in my backyard and now I have a 100% private patio!

Last Sunday was the first time I was able to BBQ naked. I spent most of the weekend nude. It was so nice not to have to get dressed just to go outside and cook.

This post was edited

I just did a project in my backyard and now I have a 100% private patio!Last Sunday was the first time I was able to BBQ naked. I spent most of the weekend nude. It was so nice not to have to get dressed just to go outside and cook.

Our grill is not inside the privacy fence so I can't grill nude.
Even if I moved it, I would still have to cover between the back door and the enclosure.
My idea was to enclose the entire back and side yard, but my wife wanted to only enclose the pool and deck, so that is what we did.

This post was edited

I am comfortable with anyone seeing me naked provided I was not offensive to them. I know for a fact the one of my neighbors saw me because he poked his head over the fence to ask me to a barbecue and I was standing naked on my patio. He went right ahead with his conversation and I stood there and talked with him. He now knows for sure that I am a nudist. We have joked about it since and he says that he many times runs around his patio naked as well. We have a 90% private backyard. We walk out our patio down our stairs, but there are spots that given the circumstances we very well could be seen by our other neighbors. We do not cover up and we have not yet received any complaints. Hopefully this continues. 20 years and counting.

This post was edited

I am comfortable with anyone seeing me naked provided I was not offensive to them. I know for a fact the one of my neighbors saw me because he poked his head over the fence to ask me to a barbecue and I was standing naked on my patio. He went right ahead with his conversation and I stood there and talked with him. He now knows for sure that I am a nudist. We have joked about it since and he says that he many times runs around his patio naked as well. We have a 90% private backyard. We walk out our patio down our stairs, but there are spots that given the circumstances we very well could be seen by our other neighbors. We do not cover up and we have not yet received any complaints. Hopefully this continues. 20 years and counting.

This post was edited

"We're a naturist couple our neighbours are used to seeing us naked every single day

Back home they enjoy lounging around in the nude and and claim their
neighbours often catch them lounging out in the garden stark naked."

www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/were-naturist-couple-neighbours-used-29711120

This post was edited

I just did a project in my backyard and now I have a 100% private patio!Last Sunday was the first time I was able to BBQ naked. I spent most of the weekend nude. It was so nice not to have to get dressed just to go outside and cook.Our grill is not inside the privacy fence so I can't grill nude.Even if I moved it, I would still have to cover between the back door and the enclosure.My idea was to enclose the entire back and side yard, but my wife wanted to only enclose the pool and deck, so that is what we did.

I have since moved the grill inside the fence and grilled nude a few times.

This post was edited

My wife and I moved to our local a few years ago. On commishining our Realtor she asked what amenities would be conducive. We responded among other things a clothing optional back yard would be preferable. With all do respect and professionalism she ensured she would do her best. In passing she invited us for a day on the water with her and her husband, being recreational nudists as well.
Not quite a clothing optional yard , yet the house fit our needs, she ensured it's potential. Located in a small town with a large lot, nestled in a little bedroom community.
Moving in the dead of winter, in the spring we were happy to see, that although the adjoining yards were fenced, it was a large park like setting, save ours ,due to the previous owners neglect.
One morning while cleaning out the back corners, my attention was drawn by a woman waving from a hot tub. I acknowledged with a friendly wave and good morning before returning to my work. Within minutes I was startled by the woman's voice, walking topless across her yard. She reconfirmed I had alot of work to do, introducing herself as the previous owners agent, having an open invitation to use her friends tub while her patio was under reconstruction. Unwavering in her state, she went on to ensure my wife and I what a great community was there ,as well as popular spots to enjoy the outdoors. She also reminisced of her afternoon on our Realtors boat.
Over the summer it wasn't uncommon to see any of our neighbors enjoying the sun in various states of dress. It is always done in good form with some consideration for discretion without being uncomfortable about being naked. In building our deck we included a privacy panel but not to obstruct our view of the settings. I think we are very fortunate to have found this neighborhood, and able to enjoy our garden as we do. I'm sure there are many others like ours.
My point is, talk openly with your Realtor, whatever your preference, a good one may meet your needs.

This post was edited