Strange contradiction

I read in another group or the forum that in Florida, a person can legally be nude anywhere on their property, including the front yard, but driving nude is illegal.
Does that seem strange to those of you who live there, since you are more visible in your front yard than in a vehicle?

This topic was edited
RE:Strange contradiction

the road is '"public" your yard is your private property

This post was edited

the road is '"public" your yard is your private property

This post was edited

Florida law is full of contradictions. When I moved down here 21 years ago I brought my motorcycle. I thought it was ironic that the law says you can't drive a car without a seat belt, but you can ride your 150 MPH capable crotch rocket without a helmet. To pre-answer a few questions 1) I always wore a helmet, a good full face one. 2) No, I never rode the bike naked down here. I did do it once on some rural roads in Upstate NY.(no Pics, that was before smart phones) 3) I no longer have the bike. I sold it less than a year after I moved down here. While I thought it was great that I could ride year round the drivers down here are nuts! I had too many close calls.

This post was edited

That is an interesting contradiction. But I wonder if anyone is ever in their front yard nude without consequences. Does anyone ever test that law?

I have driven many many miles nude over many visits to Florida. I didn't know it is illegal. I don't know that I'll change my habits, but thanks for the heads up to be especially mindful about not being seen.

This post was edited

That is an interesting contradiction. But I wonder if anyone is ever in their front yard nude without consequences. Does anyone ever test that law?I have driven many many miles nude over many visits to Florida. I didn't know it is illegal. I don't know that I'll change my habits, but thanks for the heads up to be especially mindful about not being seen.

There were stories some time ago about a man who was doing his front yard work nude and the neighbors complained. He won the right to continue being nude in the front yard. When I get a chance I will post a link.

This post was edited

Florida law is full of contradictions. When I moved down here 21 years ago I brought my motorcycle. I thought it was ironic that the law says you can't drive a car without a seat belt, but you can ride your 150 MPH capable crotch rocket without a helmet. To pre-answer a few questions 1) I always wore a helmet, a good full face one. 2) No, I never rode the bike naked down here. I did do it once on some rural roads in Upstate NY.(no Pics, that was before smart phones) 3) I no longer have the bike. I sold it less than a year after I moved down here. While I thought it was great that I could ride year round the drivers down here are nuts! I had too many close calls.

I believe the seat belt law has Federal incentives that are so lucrative that all states adopted them.
Did you ever ride the motorcycle in just a swim brief and helmet? I had a friend in high school who would ride his shirtless in low cut short shorts that didn't cover much more.

This post was edited

Being a Florida resident for about 18 years now, I would be fearful to test that front yard theory without knowing what the local jurisdiction (or jurisprudence might be a better word) guidelines are on that. From what Im told, something may be legal in my county but not an adjacent one or vice versa. There are some folks around here that are wrapped pretty tightly when it comes to nudity.

This post was edited

That's good advise Dukeofweimar.

This post was edited

Being a Florida resident for about 18 years now, I would be fearful to test that front yard theory without knowing what the local jurisdiction (or jurisprudence might be a better word) guidelines are on that. From what Im told, something may be legal in me county but not an adjacent one or vice versa. There are some folks around here that are wrapped pretty tightly when it comes to nudity.

Here is one news article that says it is legal in Florida to be nude in your own front yard.
//www.foxnews.com/us/florida-mans-nude-yard-work-habit-draws-ire-of-neighbors

This post was edited

The article does not affirm that it's legal to be nude in your front yard in Stuart, it indicates that law enforcement is trying to find the right laws so that they can prosecute the man. One would hope that when they find the right set of laws, then they offer the man a warning. The article is from 2018, gotta wonder the outcome. When I visit Florida I often drive nude (on the interstate or remote areas, not city streets, I recently learned that it could be problematic, sheesh).

This post was edited