Fossil Creek Closed

Hey Everyone,
I am sorry to report that Fossil Creek has been closed due to the wildfires this summer. The Forest Service closed the area due to the flash flood risks. I the area should reopen next spring once the vegetation has had a chance to regrow. While we wait for Fossil Creek to reopen, Sycamore Creek is open and has some water flowing. Make sure you bring lots of water to drink. Stay naked and happy.

This topic was edited
RE:Fossil Creek Closed

And Now?

This post was edited

The road was still closed about two monts ago but I heard it was closed due to rain erosion of the roads. You should be able to call the Tonto National Forest for information as to whether it is still closed. It's also the road to the hot springs at Childs.

This post was edited

I assume the road in question is from the Camp Verde side and not the Strawberry side which has been closed for awhile?

This post was edited

I assume the road in question is from the Camp Verde side and not the Strawberry side which has been closed for awhile?

Correct

This post was edited

Just to let you know about the Dugas Road, off I-17. Its another way in, but very ruff to the valley edge down to the river. Or from 7-springs, but thats a long way to get there.

This post was edited