My Nudism Experience in Spain

It's been 3 years since I moved here in Spain and the freedom & nudism here is very nice. I like how it's part of their culture and there are lots of accessible nudist beaches around. However, nudist people here are quite segregated. As a person of color and immigrant, I find it difficult to fit in and make friends with fellow nudists here. It's like you have to be like them before they accept you. They're nice but there's this feeling of distance because of my race, ethnicity and physique. They wouldnt meet you unless you're caucasian. (Coming from an honest experience. I meant no offense). But because of this, I have learned to be strong and independent and happy on my own. Hopefully, someday, I'll gain a real nudist friend.

This topic was edited
RE:My Nudism Experience in Spain

It's been 3 years since I moved here in Spain and the freedom & nudism here is very nice. I like how it's part of their culture and there are lots of accessible nudist beaches around. However, nudist people here are quite segregated. As a person of color and immigrant, I find it difficult to fit in and make friends with fellow nudists here. It's like you have to be like them before they accept you. They're nice but there's this feeling of distance because of my race, ethnicity and physique. They wouldnt meet you unless you're caucasian. (Coming from an honest experience. I meant no offense). But because of this, I have learned to be strong and independent and happy on my own. Hopefully, someday, I'll gain a real nudist friend.

Someone on another thread (admittedly a Caucasian) retired to the Canary Islands and found it to be a nudist's paradise. He found nudity to be widely accepted, even in many places that were not officially clothing optional. In many places where he couldn't be nude, a small wrap was sufficient. He had so little need of clothes that all he had was one each of kilt, hoodie, poncho, jeans and shorts, one pair of sandals, and a few wraps and t shirts. The last time he posted, he hadn't worn the shorts or jeans in over two years and had no intention of wearing them unless he travelled off the island!

This post was edited

I've never been to Spain, but have experienced the sense of alienation you describe and attribute to your race, ethnicity and physique. My parents immigrated to the US and I moved back to their home country of Sweden as a young adult. I speak the language fluently with an accent and have the "correct" race, ethnicity and physique, but I couldn't easily fit in. I believe it has to do with the culture being very homogenous with unwritten rules and attention paid to subtle differences which I broke by not being raised there. It's a hard culture to break into even with the "correct" genes, so I imagine it's even more difficult when you both think and look different. I say this to be forthright but hopefully not discouraging.

The good thing is that at your age you can keep on reninventing and redefining yourself to make a great go of who and what you are. Have a mission and purpose to drive you. People fall into their ruts because they're comfortable and afraid and often are eager to leave them with a better alternative. Make a positive difference, be an agent of change and good and it will be easier for people to not only accept but to embrace you for who you are, you naked authentic self, both with clothes and without. A good book on this set in Spain is Coelho's the Alchemist. Good luck!

This post was edited

The person I mentioned above also noted that the native Spaniards were very friendly toward American and British tourists and expats because they stimulated the local economy.

This post was edited

.Its well known that naturist tend to more liberal views, but a racist is still a racist even out of clothes.

This is such a smart and wise comment

This post was edited

Hi. Sorry you have experienced this. We love the nude culture here and are happy to meet up as weve discussed if you are interested.

This post was edited