Real or Fake

Here is just a thought... if you go to an event and meet people they are more likely to say you are real as they saw you in the flesh... Just sitting behind a keyboard is hard to distinguish who you actually are...

This topic was edited
RE:Real or Fake

Which is a real PITA for most of these sites. One site I recently joined actually required a Zoom interview before I was able to log on. (I'm not saying which one because, for the moment, I think it's invitation only.)

At least when you're certified on this site, you have to provide an ID and pictures of you naked and clothed, which means that you're probably legit. (Unless you're a guy and you've either hired a woman or talked your girlfriend into posing for you if you want a female persona.)

This post was edited

That is an excellent idea. The question is how to sanction a TN event for a pseudo real meeting? I say that because most folks want a meeting at a neutral textile location for their first introduction. I know about two couples from here on TN. One we met at a local restaurant and the others we already knew from our resort. Any thoughts on good ice breakers for the crew?

This post was edited

That is why we host bonfires and parties.... it allows people to meet and get as comfy as they want on their terms...

This post was edited

I agree, I'm glad I made the trip down for one of your parties. My only concern was when leaving and my lack of balance made that difficult.

This post was edited

Sounds great but for me on the wrong side of the big pond.

This post was edited

I'm yet to knowingly meet another TN member and that's okay. I can interact with others here - my main assessment of legitimacy is their profile and posting history - while I keep my profile open to allow others to see how I am (or at least present but I try to be honest with myself and others).

If I casually interact with others at the beach that's fine, but I'm happy with my own company also.

This post was edited

That is an excellent idea. The question is how to sanction a TN event for a pseudo real meeting? I say that because most folks want a meeting at a neutral textile location for their first introduction. I know about two couples from here on TN. One we met at a local restaurant and the others we already knew from our resort. Any thoughts on good ice breakers for the crew?

There will be no sanctions as long as people are allowed to create multiple profiles and deceive others. The chat room is full of such deceivers.

This post was edited

This is a very good point in addition real life social nudism bears ver little resemblance to what often passes for nudism on the internet. I know there have been organized TN meetups in the past I would be hesitant to participate in anything that wasnt a group situation since you can never tell who is real and who is fake.

That being said I have met several folks on here in real life.

This post was edited

I've met one person from TN in the flesh, and that was at Laguna del Sol. I met another one there who was from a Meet-up group that has since disbanded. A third is one I haven't yet met in person, but he's on other sites and is no longer with TN. And there's a fourth one who also isn't here anymore, but I'd known him for years beforehand. And that's about it.

This post was edited