Best and worst

I was just thinking about how people's perception of me might change if/when they find out I identify as a nudist. The more I practice nudism the more natural it feels and the more frustration I experience that it isn't a widely accepted practice. In fact it is more confusion at how society has become so repressed and regulated that we can't be together as we naturally show up.... For me, the best part about being a nudist is the experience of freedom and authenticity, the worst part is the reminder that we live in a society doesn't want me to experience that in public.

This topic was edited
RE:Best and worst

and when people find out your a nudist, they think its all about perving and sex rather than the freedom and feeling natural. Not having nudist people to hang out with regularly is really frustrating too, especially when they think the same around just wanting sex or you're trying to be more than a friend

This post was edited

I'm very open, I tell just about anyone I talk to about being a nudist. I used to work in a grocery store and when cashiering sometimes would bring up the issue with customers. When I'm seeking medical attention, all too often, if the wearing of gowns is called for, I'll tell doctors or nurses about my being a nudist, the reality of not caring what shows because of my lifestyle. I usually get surprised chuckles or nervous giggles.

This post was edited

I find for me that social nudity is thereapudic and reassuring, a very easy inclusive atmosphere. Time passes so quickly, I always wish I had more time with nudists, mostly I am nude by myself which is peaceful and somewhat expressive as well. Then it is back to the textile life, and hopes for the next time .

This post was edited

Social nudity builds tolerance of self for me. This is me, not dressed up, just me with all my imperfections. Society tries to impress each other by playing dress up, but anyone can dress up and thats not who you are. I love the freedom of just being me and viewing others the same.

This post was edited

Social nudity builds tolerance of self for me. This is me, not dressed up, just me with all my imperfections. Society tries to impress each other by playing dress up, but anyone can dress up and thats not who you are. I love the freedom of just being me and viewing others the same.

Beautiful statement!

This post was edited

I agree totally about how the more I embrace being a nudist and enjoy being naked as much as possible, the more freedom I feel and authenticity about who I am. I have been opening up to a few more friends about being a nudist but am very selective as to who as I know a lot of people won't accept me and think I'm not normal. Those I have opened up to haven't changed their opinion of me and are still good friends. But they are the minority. Everything else is acceptable but not nudism. Why is that. I wish I could post a naked picture of myself as my profile picture on facebook, messanger, email and Instagram and let everyone know that I'm a nudist and be open about who I am and be accepted. But I'd be defriended and shunned by many and told I'm a pervert and kicked off Facebook. At least we have Truenudists where we can make friends with like minded open and honest people.
Doug

This post was edited

Society and its beliefs plays a part in all of our endeavors and nudity is definitely one of the ones on the edge. Most are so busy trying to conform to what they think is OK or normal and be a part of society they miss the real meaning. I get no greater joy than the relaxation and freedom I feel from being naked- whether or not others like it or not! Ironically most of the ones I have known that have stepped up and tried nudism have been overwhelmed by the same feeling and now are true nudist. I would not expect it to change in the near future...

This post was edited

Understand the feeling. I love being nude, but as it is illegal where I live and my wife and kids dont really joinbut complicated.makes me feel like a pervert and misunderstood

This post was edited

Simone_b_free, it is now 10 months since you made this original post. How has your perspective changed in those 10 months? If you were writing this dated today! What would you say? Jock

This post was edited

I have been selected as a model for Bare Necessities Cruises. I am honored to be chosen. A wonderful and fun opportunity for me! Well see what happens when someone sees me either in a brochure or on the site. Most likely, it will be someone who is perfectly OK with it. Otherwise, why would they be on the site or seeing the brochure?

This post was edited