Whats your resort / yard ride?

I assume everyones legs, knees, and ankles are getting like mine, sometimes they are slow to move. But, the catch is that you still must get around the neighborhood, resort or yard. Thats why the Lord created golf carts on the eighth day, LOL. Really, here in the panhandle & all over Florida, there are golf carts everywhere. Some of them are really tricked out with lift kits, big tires, 1000W sound systems, big engines, you name it, theres one with it. So, the crux of the question is how do you get around the larger areas? I have a Kawasaki Mule, 3010, 4WD, 620cc V-twin engine. I need all that to get up my hill in the backyard and drag real trees to the burn pile. Its sometimes all it can do but it gets the job done. Whats your ride?

This topic was edited
RE:Whats your resort / yard ride?

Before I read the entire post I was thinkin why in the world does anyone need a 4 wheel drive in Florida? We are not permitted to have gassers at our club like many golf courses here. Noise I do bleve is why and the pension for guys to do all kinds of modifications that causes them to be louder and faster. The club near us I know that guys have fitted snowmobile engines in them.

We have 2 battery carts. One is a custom lifted cart and the other one is for utility jobs. Luann does not sit down so she drives the utility cart most often at the club. The custom cart comes home with us when the club closes and she does use it around the yard. Our yard we maintain is 1.3 acres so it is handy and pulls the yard cart around. Did I mention she can't sit still ??

This post was edited

Occasionally a bike at the club but mostly, our legs and feet get us around. We've toyed with the idea of buying a golf cart, but we don't live in an area or have the property for it to make sense to have one. If we owned a place at the club, we'd most likely buy one.

Electric bikes are the plan for this Christmas as gifts to one another.

This post was edited

So far, we just walk the 360 acres of our home resort, occasionally driving our car from our site to camp central or to friends sites who live further out if the weather is bad. We didnt think we needed a cart (and couldnt use one with our Greyhounds anyway), but then I tore my Achilles tendon and are now rethinking that decision.

This post was edited

It's a well used term that I endear myself for since a looooong time....If it does not have a motor I ain't going.

This post was edited

So far, we have just walked as we usually only do day visits. Most of the residents at the club have golf carts. They do an annual Golf Cart Rodeo where they dress them up and parade through the grounds.

I have thought that we would do e-bikes when we do get our trailer so that we can go places separately. I spend most of my time at the courts and she will be at the pool and can come and go as she pleases.

This post was edited

I have an electric scooter that I use to get around.
Most of the folks have golf carts but the prices went through the roof last couple years so waiting before purchasing one

This post was edited

So far, we have just walked as we usually only do day visits. Most of the residents at the club have golf carts. They do an annual Golf Cart Rodeo where they dress them up and parade through the grounds.I have thought that we would do e-bikes when we do get our trailer so that we can go places separately. I spend most of my time at the courts and she will be at the pool and can come and go as she pleases.

I like the e-bike idea. I was thinking of bringing my hybrid bike, but Solair is fairly hilly (not as bad as Mountain Air Ranch, which I know you have mentioned going to). The extra boost going uphill would be nice, and since it is a bike I don't think we would have to get a Solair parking sticker for it and pay tax to the town for having it in camp. And if we forget to charge them, we can still pedal back to our site and plug them in. Now that I think of it, I have seen a couple of e-bikes at Solair already.

This post was edited

John, I have my mountain bike at camp. There is a group of us that plan to start riding this fall now that it is cooler out. I am sure that your hyprid bike would be fine if you wanted to join us. The trails aren't too challenging.

This post was edited

It's not my ride but it sure seriously gives me a laugh. A 70 yr old member at our club who is a tall big type of guy was sporting around on a battery powered mini-bike. He is quite the character.

This post was edited

I have an electric scooter that I use to get around.Most of the folks have golf carts but the prices went through the roof last couple years so waiting before purchasing one

You speak truth, the cost of carts have gone way way up. Customizing one can get into ones pocket in a hurry. I thought it at the time it was a fun idea to do a 6" lift and big tires on Luanns favorite cart. Now that my knees are shot I am rethinking that great idea every time I climb into it. She loves that thing so I'm hardly going to undo it. Both our carts are battery powered and thats cool 1K for a new set let alone cables.

This post was edited