Nude beaches in Costa Rico

I am thinking about going to C R this February does anyone know of any c o beaches ? Any advice would be helpful

This topic was edited
RE:Nude beaches in Costa Rico

I am thinking about going to C R this February does anyone know of any c o beaches ? Any advice would be helpful

Nearly non-existant. There are a couple private operations, and a few sorta legal beaches:

Playa Grande Montezuma: Located in the southern part of Nicoya
Punta Mala - Playa Hermosa: Located South West of San Jose near Jaco

The nude pool at copacabana-hotel-and-suites near Jaco

Hotel Villa Roca in Manuel Antonio (LGBQT) near Quepos

B&B Tranquilo

While I was there, I did find a nice secluded place at the very north end of Playa del Coco. Generally speaking, if you are in an isolated area, you are unlikely to cause any alarm.

General cost of living is fairly low, US currency is widely accepted everywhere except the smallest shops, but change will be given in Colon. Do not convert at the airport, it is the absolute worse exchange rate. Rental cars are outragously expensive. Make sure your credit card works in Costa Rica specifically, and has access to the ATM network (Try and find a no-fee ATM card, even if you have to open a new account somewhere). For large bills, pay with your credit card. When using the ATM for pocket money, get a large enough amount to make the ATM machine fee worth it.

Be aware of TICO time: Nothing happens fast in Costa Rica. Dinner in a nice resturaunt is not a speedy occurance. Plan on hours from time of entry to time of leaving.

This post was edited

Thanks for all the info

This post was edited

Also, unless you have reason to go to San Jose, avoid it. Fly into Liberia.

This post was edited

I was in Montezuma last November and spent some naked time on Playa Grande. During that time, there was one other naked couple. That's not to say nudists were rare. In November, people were rare. It is a large beach, a mile or so long, and one day I counted six people. So, I really did not get a good feel for how acceptable nudity is, say, in December when it is busier. Nonetheless, it is well known for nude beachgoers, and I certainly partook. Montezuma is also one of my favorite towns in Costa Rica. It's kind of hippyish and very much a younger crowd. There are no mega-resorts there. We stayed in a nice nudist-friendly AirBNB. BTW - naked hikes in the rainforest are the best (if you are there when the bugs aren't bad--I hear they can be).

This post was edited