Greater Solo Male Representation in Naturism

I started a petition and ask that you kindly consider signing so even solo males into naturism are better represented and welcomed in Australia.

https://www.change.org/NaturistSoloMales

I ask that you read the petition, and if in agreement please sign.

This topic was edited
RE:Greater Solo Male Representation in Naturism

52 signatures as of right now, 11:38am 1st October 2022

Surely we can get more to sign!

Remember, this petition is so we are better represented and more activities are organised and/or available to unaccompanied or single/solo male genuine nudists/naturists in Australia.

This post was edited

@Drew64 Not all are as much anti-gay as anti unaccompanied male. Any and all unaccompanied males are a part of those who need better representation in the Australian Naturist Community. I do understand the gay perspective though as I know of a gay couple who were still treated as two unaccompanied males and refused at a number of venues and I witnessed the attempted bookings. But, the gay stereotype gets reinforced at times by bad behaviour just as the sex pest stereotype does. One site I stayed at with a male partner were truly lovely and very apologetic but said they had to introduce a sort of interview policy when male couples visited. Theyd simply accepted a booking from a male couple previously as they were very accepting, as were/are the other guests. The previous couple had behaved blatantly sexually in areas all could observe including the common area/clubhouse during a social get together. They were warned twice and the third time expelled. While even one couple or man behaves this way it tarnishes us all. We were warmly welcomed by all there including the owners/hosts but as I said, they were truly apologetic and seemed embarrassed that they had to meet us and explain the expected behaviour. As we saw it, they had to protect their other guests and their business. We ended up staying two nights longer as it was a great crowd.

This post was edited

We now have 66 signatures as at 0800 4th October 2022. We also have some wonderful m/f couples and women who have signed to support us. I appreciate all who have signed and I ask, if youre able, to please share this petition to people who may be willing to sign. We can achieve a positive change if we all work for the common good.
Geoff

This post was edited

The petition now stands at 100 signatures. Of course we hope most will be in and from Australia. But we have hit the first big milestone of these hundred.
The petition will hopefully be signed often enough that it can be presented to the ANF AGM electronically and verifiably in November, which is being held on 26th November 2022 at 10:00am AEST, at Savannah Park in Yeppoon QLD, and if not large enough by then, at a later date.
Some of you in this and/or other forum threads have stated that theres nothing to stop couples mounting their own petition to stop unaccompanied men from attendance. Thats true, but we achieve nothing by simply accepting our lot and complaining or doing even less. This petition is to try to make meaningful and positive change in attitudes, actions, and behaviours toward genuine naturist men.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

This post was edited

Being married regardless of gender does not prevent one or both parties in a relationship from being sex pests or harassing other nudists. This is blatant discrimination and not legal in Australia. Individual discrimination complaints to the relevant authorities might achieve a lot more than a petition which can still easily be brushed aside or ignored.

I fully agree with you as Ive been harassed on the beach by men who quite proudly boast of installing their wives at the local naturist communitys grounds and then go looking for men to annoy who just want a peaceful day on the beach. But we get tarred with the potential sex pest brush. It is blatantly unfair, and as nude beaches are illegal here, I cant even report the person who harassed or even grabbed me as Id be the first one charged. About time the ANF and their affiliates acknowledged us as genuine naturists and had a very, very good look at themselves.

This post was edited

Thank you all once again for your signatures and shares of this petition.
108 Signatures, 53 shares!
Yes, the numbers have slowed but we are still growing. I do encourage signatories/supporters to become Supporting Members of the ANF, ausnatural.org.au at a voting level. More paid Supporting Members means more votes and a potentially greater voice. And yes, there may be socio-economic bias within the ANF that prices some events far beyond the reach of the average member of the community. The ANF do run Zoom Pub Nights twice a month currently and this allows naturists from the whole country and overseas to attend, and I believe Supporting Members may sit in on the AGM via Zoom in November, as I did last year.
Now a request. If you really support positive change in the Naturist Community in Australia, please continue to share this petition as much as you can.

This post was edited