after hurricane cleanup

Hey everyone. I am a longtime nudist in Ormond Beach Fl. Love working naked in my backyard most of the time but the cleanup after the storm was a dismal hard job. Luckily I could do a lot of it naked so it helped ease the drudgery of it all. I am liking the yard again now and have replaced quite a few plants that were lost.

This topic was edited
RE:after hurricane cleanup

The post storm cleanup is always a chore; the only question is how many days, weeks, months or years will it take? I hope you were lucky and had minimal small stuff damage. Doing it nude is a big bonus! Good luck with your cleanup and may your insurance check arrive hurriedly.

This post was edited

Had a lot of small twigs and debris after the storm but only took me a day to get things cleaned up. The nice thing was after the storm the weather flipped from summer to early fall overnight.

This post was edited

I live in Fort Myers , FL and I lost my home, and all contents due to flooding. I do have insurance, but not flood coverage. I guess it was not so smart to live on a river after all.

This post was edited

I am so very sorry to learn of your devastating loss. We were very fortunate not to have suffered any structural flooding or damage. We too live close to the intracoastal waterway so I can see a huge issue if we ever got a category 3 or higher directly out of the east. No flood insurance here either. My home is not in a flood zone but getting quotes of $3,000 and up just for flood insurance.

This post was edited

I know flood insurance is expensive, but if you live near water, it is probably necessary.

This post was edited

I live in Fort Myers , FL and I lost my home, and all contents due to flooding. I do have insurance, but not flood coverage. I guess it was not so smart to live on a river after all.

I'm very sorry about your situation and hope you can somehow get yourself out of there. If you have plans to rebuild on the property, I'm certain you are fully considering what alternatives are available to you. If you have children and you intend to leave the property to them, realize that there is every likelihood that that land will be inundated with salt water in the next few decades.

Many brilliant heads are being scratched as to how to deal with these situations in low lying areas all around the world. So far there seems to be little that can be done about it short of building upward, massive pumping stations or some complicated levee system, dependent on how far up river your property is located. Wikipedia states that Ft. Myers is ten feet above sea level - that is not sustainable long term. My sympathy goes out to you and yours.

This post was edited

Sorry for your loss, hope you can get back to normal soon. After Katrina hit South Mississippi some friends had both Flood and Wind insurance, had a total loss. The wind insurance said the loss was all flood and the flood insurance said it was all wind. The home owners basically got nothing from either company - really sad what insurance companies do, then next year the insurance companies reported record profits.

This post was edited

Greetings Dan ! If your living conditions are cramped and do not suit you, I could take you to me. Enough space. And all 24/7, but only at home: barefoot and naked. Please tell me your answer in my profile.

This post was edited