What being a nudist is to me.

The first thing I think of is "comfortable." I always liked being naked to the point of putting off getting dressed as long as I could when I was a kid. I also took off my clothes during my sleep. At that time I didn't know about nudists. As I got older I was taught that it was sinful and perverted by my father. After meeting my wife to be who is a nudist I was able to interact and enjoy the company of other nudists in groups. It was amazing. The nonjudgmental acceptance and friendship was like nothing I have ever known before. AND IT WASN'T ABOUT SEX! I personally don't believe that being a nudist is about sex in any form. It's not to bring ones self or another to orgasm. It's a way of life. One that is finally becoming more tolerated. There are sill those and will always be those who don't approve and see it as unacceptable or even sinful. My girlfriend knows I like to be naked and knows that I am in contact with other nudists but she is one who can't bring herself to participate. She also knows that I'm not looking for sex. I have always been fascinated with the human body both sexes but again not for sexual stimulation. I enjoy touching other bodies. I'm sure there is a clinical or technical word for it. Again not to bring myself or others to a sexual climax. To me being a nudist is about a comfortable freedom and friendship of others who believe the same. It doesn't matter if someone is straight, gay, bi or what body type they are. I was in contact with nudists I met by accident at work and we would meet as often as we could for coffee, cards, conversation and massages (not all on the same day) where we discussed anything but work. It's too bad that they were found out and made to feel unwelcome and left the area to start over. There is still a lot of misconception about the nudist lifestyle and unfortunately nudist sites are also used as dating sites. I can understand women not wanting to be seen as a sex object because of that. Further, I was at a nudist resort for the first time and joined someone I met on TN but he wanted a sexual connection. I don't believe the nudist lifestyle is about sex in any form. It's a simple, comfortable freedom to be who you are in the company or those who accept it.

This topic was edited
RE:What being a nudist is to me.

To me, it's a complete sense of freedom and liberty. I always stay naked when alone.

This post was edited

What does it mean to me? Honestly I have always been a bit of a nonconformist and being naked certainly does not conform to what
most society thinks that we should be. I have learned that many people while not being nudist themselves are far more accepting
of another person being nude around them. So I tend to push the limits as to who i will be naked around

When I do wear clothes they are most often loose fitting. Not liking tight clothes was passed
on from my grandmother and mother , neither of them nudist, but you would not catch them in turtle necks or other restrictive clothing
My body is more comfortable open to the air . I am often too warm while dressed in settings others are at a comfortable temp.

i think my time spent nude as toughened me up to be comfy at a wider range of temps.

This post was edited

First and foremost (and I know it sounds cliche'): freedom!

At its root that's what it's all about: letting my body be free and embracing the various sensations that come with it.

On another level, it's also about being part of a community that shares the same sentiment. I'm lucky enough to have a spouse that participates in social nudism, which has changed my life and appreciation for it. I have social anxiety; but when I'm naked with other people, it decreases dramatically. I hide nothing from other people, who are also not hiding anything from us; we're on an equal plane, which lends itself to a more profound and authentic connection. We have friends at the resort, and I can't imagine life without them being part of my life. When we disrobe after checking-in, and walk up to our friends (who are usually already there and naked as well) and they happily greet us, it feels like "coming home." It's hard to explain that level of joy. True openness is hard to find.

This post was edited

First word that comes to mind - comfort. The more I have gone naked, the more I find clothing just not comfortable.

This post was edited

Nudism to me is social. Interacting with someone for whom your body holds no secrets is a powerful experience

This post was edited