My son has the classic car disease so it seems

Short story I've mentioned before. #2 son called me when he was on tour a few years ago and happened across this Lemon twist 340 Duster . The very paint scheme my Cuda had that I lost in a divorce so yes in the end now him and I own that Duster. He has gotten car smart diving into the classic car world and now is hot on him and I owning a 340 Cuda.

Luann can tell something was up with all the text flying back and forth as he is on the prowl after one. She just asked me if I wanted to buy a car and I said I think so. She said it's up to you guys. Now that's a good woman !

This topic was edited
RE:My son has the classic car disease so it seems

That's great! Hope you find one and have a great time with these classics. I'm still on the hunt for a 68 Dodge Charger that won't break the bank! hahaha

This post was edited

Definitely a keeper

This post was edited

Andy I do recall your pension for a '68 Charger. Like '71 big block Cuda's, Chargers can be bank breakers but there is hope! My son has found found a few Cuda's hiding out around the country and as of last week found "our" car only to be in Seattle. The logistics simply bumps us past our budget with airfare, hotels and transporting it back here if eveything looked good with it once he got there. Personally we have have to stick with a '73 340 Cuda that is buyable although still not cheap in anyway.

This post was edited

Rock, as I age with dignity... hahaha, I'm more about style and nostalgia than I am with power and going fast. I've thought that I could find a Charger with a 318 and save a little but most of those out there, that I've found, have 383's or 440's. I'd prefer the 383 or 440 but they all seem to jump way up, even if they aren't running! One of the reasons I'm not looking that hard anymore, is that Di has said, "you can spend this money anyway you want but you can't have a muscle car AND travel like you want to." The scales keep tilting toward travel! ;DDD

This post was edited

Yes Mopars that move into the big blocks get much more spendy. Lady Di's response to you had so much sensibility and logic. Not anything I can suggest for you to retort to that my friend. Dang I hate it when they throw that card. :D :D :D

I agree with you I am about the style and figured I was being reasonable opting for a well tuned small block. Our Duster has a quality rumbling throat sound backed with a transmission that was performance built. To this day I have never burned the tires off for that would break my heart. Why would I not with the torque it has? I buy battery's tires and gas all the time at work and I have nothing to prove as I did as a kid. I get my jolly's out of a slow rumbling roll through town with that beautiful rumble echoing between the buildings. Gets back to style I guess instead of massive HP.

This post was edited

My son, likewise, picked up a Chrysler a year or so ago; its not a real head turner but a unique ride none-the-less. Its a 84 Chrysler K-car LeBaron, white, black convertible top with red leather interior. Its all original and has about 100K miles on it & not beat up. Its actually a unique ride. I havent seen one exactly like it and not one riding down the road in many years. We take it down to Sonic when we feel the need. Maybe after this Covid crap has passed, well all be able to get out & cruise a little bit. This stay home stuff is not working.

This post was edited

The ever elusive Cuda keeps eluding me. My mopar son was a quick learn and now knows more about classic cars than I ever did or do now. To many times than I can count when he was sidelined for two years in the pandemic that strickened the entire music industry he located Cuda's in our price bracket.

He would fwd pics and info and my response was always the same, I have my half go for it. He always pushed the clutch to the floor at that point. We have always bragged how good he has been with money and we swear he still has the lurch money we gave him to eat at school 20+ yrs ago.

It's still a fun father-son project in the making.

This post was edited

There are times I miss my classic car but not as much as I thought I would. It's most likely the fact that I was the only paying partner in the car with an ex son in law. The car had too much negative history for me to grow any real attachment to it. I'm always on the hunt but I'm spending so much money on mods for both our Jeeps that that is where my passion is currently.

Cuda's, Challengers, Road Runners and Chargers... love um, can't afford them! LOL

This post was edited

Our #2 son is at it again being home between USA tours and sent me another yet another Cuda advert. As I said before he has his fathers bug for Mopars and Cuda's are my thing. They are so pricey as much as the Charger that Andy has an eye for.
My Luann is clued in it will finally happen if my kid stops taunting me and he finally breaks out his half of it instead of sending me taunting adverts and videos of them for sale.

Unless one is flush with that much cash it's never seems to be a good time to drop that much $$$. With that said I am getting older and if not now when if ever? These classic cars increase in stupid amount that surpass our CD's and savings bank interest pays. Not that I would ever resale a Cuda but leave my father-son projects to the son that has a love for classic cars.

I know my son he would not part with the Duster or the Cuda.

This post was edited

I'm prepping the Duster for the kid to ship it off back to his place down south so he can give some love to it. Cars near 50 years old need it. We are still talking about buying a Cuda together and it it ships to me. Either way it's a win-win for him as both cars without a doubt end up with him.

To me it's the fun of car appreciation with your son you has embraced it as well.

This post was edited