Finally, the lattice is up!

Hello fellow naked woody-workers, hee hee! I'm happy to say one of my longer term projects using wood has been completed, hanging up the final panel of lattice for the skirting of our deck, yay! I've got the pictures to prove it forthcoming, and even a shot of the ridiculously over-the-top stout woodworking bench I completed a couple of months ago. I used recovered wood from the deck build and a few other odds and ends to eventually fabricate a bench that might just make it through a nuclear blast. 6x6 timbers are just overkill, but what the hey, they needed to be made in to something!

Who else is making wood into something functional or more attractive without wearing anything? I stayed outside as I did the whole lattice project, with so little rain in the last few weeks that it was easy to do all the cutting and staining and such without interruption OR clothes! We've been getting some really nice compliments from the neighbors.

This topic was edited
RE:Finally, the lattice is up!

Nicely done!

This post was edited

Excellent! First class looks and workmanship! Now I'll know where to find you when I wander deeper into the WTR compound....ha!

This post was edited

Excellent! First class looks and workmanship! Now I'll know where to find you when I wander deeper into the WTR compound....ha!

No fences to keep riff raff like you out, so come on by, hee hee!

This post was edited

Hey there! Long time no see as we haven't been there since August. Your woodwork looks great! Hope to see it in person soon!

This post was edited

Thanks for the compliment! You've been missing some fabulous bare weather, friends and as of today here comes a big cool down, darn it. Come on back when the chance presents itself - the outdoor pool is still open and soooo ready for you two to swim in -- at 63 degrees, hah! Maybe the hot tub will be more to your liking....

This post was edited

Nice Job! It's always nice to have an outdoor project that can be done with the barest amount of fiber!
Old man winter is slowly creeping around here, 34 degrees this morning, I think I will wait for spring!

This post was edited