Future RVing nudists

My wife and i are thinking of buying an RV sometime soon. We would like to visit national parks and nudist resorts. Probably looking for a class C under 33 feet so we can fit it into national parks. Love to find a pristine old Toyota or other vintage camper in good shape.

This topic was edited
RE:Future RVing nudists

Some campgrounds have a ridiculous rule about not allowing campers over 10 years old in there campground. Just something to think about, In my research when we bought our Travel Trailer was the length of 25 feet was a magic number. The higher you are above this length the less options you have. Just food for thought.
Rob

This post was edited

Yeah the 10 year thing is to keep the so called "junk" out. Funny thing about that is I've seen 30 year old campers and motorhomes that look better than some 4 year olds. Its not about the age but how well it is taken care of. A lot of campgrounds haven't seem to grasp that concept.

This post was edited

We found another magic number of 21' posted approaching parking lots for hiking trails in Yosemite and Rocky Mountain National Park this year. This, of course, is not a problem if you plan on bringing a tow vehicle. Wish we had known that before we bought our 22' Class B.

This post was edited

I have camped in my 40, 54 year old bus/coach all over the country and only been turned down one time in Bend, OR due to age. Heck, Ive even driven it over the Golden Gate Bridge, now that was a challenge. They dont ask the age, I dont tell them. They see my rig and Im good to go. Its all about how it looks and how you present yourself. And Ive done all of my own work on it over the 19 years Ive owned it.

But one you like, have fun and enjoy life. You wont regret it.

This post was edited

I have camped in my 40, 54 year old bus/coach all over the country and only been turned down one time in Bend, OR due to age. Heck, Ive even driven it over the Golden Gate Bridge, now that was a challenge. They dont ask the age, I dont tell them. They see my rig and Im good to go. Its all about how it looks and how you present yourself. And Ive done all of my own work on it over the 19 years Ive owned it.

But one you like, have fun and enjoy life. You wont regret it.

This post was edited

In all honesty, "pristine, Toyota and camper" are words you won't find together. I had a Hilux during those years and with just a camper shell, it was tough on that engine. I can't imagine packing a camper on that. Still, there are those that share your fondness and have totally rebuilt those old Dolphins and Chinooks, modernizing those rigs. Still they struggle with that load. Good luck and hope you find something suitable.

This post was edited

I bought an '89 Toyota Sunrader last summer, and I've been fixing it up a bit. Still have a way to go, but I took it to Avalon Nudist Resort's summer music festival weekend, and it did great. It's the V6, so it has enough power.

This post was edited

Thanks so much for the encouragement!

This post was edited

Yes, I have heard that too. I doubt that I would want to park at an RV resort that is that stuffy anyway. We plan on hitting US Parks and nudist resorts exclusively.

This post was edited

Love to find a vintage GMC or Mopar motorhome from the late 70's early 80's

This post was edited