Petition for nude hiking trails allocation

PETITION: Whom would be keen in signing a petition to have designated nude hiking trails, allocated in national parks, in Australia?

This topic was edited
RE:Petition for nude hiking trails allocation

Set it up and paste the link.

This post was edited

Good idea Vince

This post was edited

Great idea, unfortuneately the powers-that-be will never go for it.

TOOOOOO many places along a nude hiking trail, for sexual deviants to perv and/or have a romp in the bush.

Personally, I'd rather nude hike anywhere else, than a legally designated trail.
Sorry Vince, have seen what the deviants have done to our beaches. Even the legal ones. And it's stupid that hardly anyone reports it!

This post was edited

Hi EmZ, Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
The allocation of hiking trail was my initial idea when I came across the project in Germany, which is doing very good.
Since then, I have reconsidered, not for the reason you are giving (valid concerns), but to expand that idea and include and nature spaces.
The details of the petition are in my blog... I am trying to get a naturist association to take over the petition as they will have more weight than just me... hopefully one of them will realise not only the benefit to all naturists but also to their own association, as it will be a great PR.

The request to amend the law:
Your petitioners ask that the Senate:
Reform the current laws:
1) CRIMES ACT 1900 - SECT 393
A person who offends against decency by the exposure of his or her person in a public place, or in any place within the view of a person who is in a public place, commits an offence. Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units, imprisonment for 1 year or both.
2) Any State law(s), which may go against the reform requested.
The new law(s) need to address the needs of all Australians, whom enjoy the nudist/naturist lifestyle.
The new law(s) need to recognise the rights for individuals, to enjoy the clothes free lifestyle, in any public natural settings such as gardens, backyards, parks, national parks, State forest, outback, river banks etc... and make those public natural settings, as clothing- optional areas. Whether or not, any other person, who do not practice the clothes free lifestyle, may happen to view the individuals practicing the clothes free lifestyle. Nudity in those natural settings must be allowed for the enjoyment of the community enjoying the clothes free lifestyle (also referred to as nudism/ naturism).
Those practising the nudism/naturism should have the rights to do so, without discrimination and worries about committing a crime.
To avoid public backlash and abuses, the law will need to clearly define sexual & amorous behaviours in public places and differentiate them from the enjoyment of the clothes free lifestyle in natural settings.

This post was edited

Two thoughts:

1. This may be a state issue rather than a federal one. National parks may be their own jurisdiction, but I don't think so. A-Bay for example is within the Noosa National Park but enforcement is Queensland state police. Asking at a federal level may be unproductive.

2. The relatively recent changes in UK to allow more freedoms may provide a template for change. At least it's worked once! If those freedoms were applied here they may be wider-ranging.

This post was edited

Hi Steve, thanks for your reply.
I agree with you if the goal was to authorise nude activities only in national parks.
The petition has a wider reach and aim to allow nude activities in any nature settings. As such, the crime Act1900 sect. 393, need to be reviewed at the Federal level, and from this, some state and territories laws.
Presenting a petition at the federal level will have a wider implication for state laws, as some will need to be revamped to adjust on the Federal level decision.

I have contacted several Australian nudist/naturist groups/associations to find out, if they would like to lead the petition, (no reply so far) as with their members base, it will gain more traction and momentum, than if just an individual like me try to get it off the ground.

Once this petition is submitted, we cannot rest, we will need to start educating the wider community on what we are trying to do. It will certainly create some controversy, which is good, as this will also bring some free publicity, which if cleverly handled could benefit our cause!

This education will require co-ordinated social media activities, from the wider nudists/naturists community, as well as a campaign via mainstream medias. This mainstream medias campaign will cost money, which is why sponsors will have to be found to fund it.

What is at stake here is not just the freedom for all to be nude in public natural settings, it is also the foundation of what could become a major industry in Australia. After all we have everything, we CAN become the world leader in naturism. The resources of our beautiful country are plentiful. The Asian naturism market is expanding dramatically with Europe ripping off its benefit, yet it is on our doorstep. All we have to do is provide the proper legal background and support, to see our current nudism/naturism businesses expand and have plenty more flourish.

it is not about just a petition, it is a campaign!

Who will join in? that is the question as per experience lot of nudists/naturists want changes but when time comes, usual ranks become thin...
yet if every nudist/naturist in Australia was to support the campaign the reward for all will be wonderful.

So for the meantime and until this get off the ground, talk about it, share the idea, discuss it of forums in Australia & overseas...
We need to plant the seed...so we can harvest later on!

This post was edited