Ed in Hickory

It is with a very heavy heart that I must share the news of the passing of a great nudist friend to all of us. Ed-in-Hickory organized nude hikes for years and was the heart of the free hiking community in the region, regularly doing hikes in North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Virginia and Florida. I know many hikers here probably knew Ed and may have been part of his hiking group. For those who knew him and loved him, a memorial service is planned. Please contact me privately for details. Posting this here to try and reach as many people who knew him and hiked with him as possible.

This topic was edited
RE:Ed in Hickory

Truly am sorry to hear of Ed's passing. We'd chatted many times here online but I was never lucky enough to go on a trek with him. From what little I knew of him he was a very nice guy.

This post was edited

So sorry to hear this. I joined Ed on his hikes several times and always enjoyed it.

This post was edited

I will miss Ed so much. He was such a great person as well as a great hiking buddy.

This post was edited

Thanks for posting. I thought Brit's calling you RedWolf in his post was a nod to a TN friend. Thanks for posting this here. I went looking for Eds profile here but I guess it got shut down before this last hospital trip.
Glad a TN friend was able to spend time with Ed at the end.

This post was edited

I believe Ed removed his page from TN himself awhile ago in preparation for closing up his affairs. He was mentally sharp to the end and the day before was talking and telling jokes and stories. When he passed, he passed peacefully and quickly. Brit said it was as good as it could have been, but damn... he will be missed.

This post was edited

Sad news. He was a super nice guy. Handsome articulate involved. A total nudist package. Sympathy to all who loved him.

This post was edited

so sorry to hear this. we had great chats here and he invited me to hike with him, but i never managed to do it.

This post was edited

I was saddened to hear of Ed's passing. I remember a long hike that we were able to do on the Florida Trail a few years ago with dnaturist leading. That will be a fond memory of him. I will definitely be thinking of him when I return to the Florida Trail in December.
Keith

This post was edited

I visited him the morning he passed. He was a wonderful person, and I enjoyed the few times I hiked with him.

This post was edited

It is with a very heavy heart that I must share the news of the passing of a great nudist friend to all of us. Ed-in-Hickory organized nude hikes for years and was the heart of the free hiking community in the region, regularly doing hikes in North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Virginia and Florida. I know many hikers here probably knew Ed and may have been part of his hiking group. For those who knew him and loved him, a memorial service is planned. Please contact me privately for details. Posting this here to try and reach as many people who knew him and hiked with him as possible.

Im so grateful to have known Ed. He was such a special man. Im grateful to have known him and hiked with him

This post was edited