RE:Undressing: it should be simple, but is it?

On our first visit, she wore shorts and a t shirt. We picked our spot, set up the chairs and she sat for about 10 mins before proclaiming, "this is stupid. I'm the only one dressed on this beach!" She stood up and dropped her shorts, took off the t shirt and was naked. he shorts and t shirt was all she wore to the beach..My Annie was the same way, Our first time to Cypress Cove. She insisted she wasn't going to be naked, not her, and threatened me not to bug her about it. We walked to the pool, me already nude, and we picked a spot to settle in.After five minutes she said to me, "this is stupid", stood up and pealed off her two piece and sat back down without a second thought. There seemed to be no reservation to strip in front of the 50 or so people there, who seemed to be paying absolutely no attention to her anyway.She was feeling more embarrassed to be the only one clothed that the thought of being NAKED in public.I was so proud of her. She stripped out of more than her clothes that day! Shedding emotions and insecurities at the same time.How did you convince her to go if she wasn't intending to be nude?My wife doesn't want to even see anyone nude except me.

First and foremost, nudism and simple everyday nudity starts at home. It has to go beyond bathing and sleeping. If she's only nude for those two times and for sex, that remains in their minds that that is the only appropriate time for nudity.

In my case, Di was already nude all the time. Cooking cleaning, lounging and would join me outside to sunbath. We didn't have a pool or hot tub in those early days. After we bought our first home and added a pool and hot tub, the outside nudity increased, and she was naked as much as I was, outside. Then came the internet and I began showing her some nudist/naturist websites and club/resort sites and pictures. She seemed interested but still wasn't sure about being nude in front of others. I suggested our local nude beach for starters.

She wasn't sure about the beach but wore only a t shirt, shorts and sandals. She thought she'd just sit and read but spent more time looking around at everyone and what was going on. She realized the nude beach wasn't any different than a textile beach except for the nudity and the friendliness. What was supposed to be an hour or two visit, lasted the entire day and we returned the following weekend.

This post was edited

Now, men pay to watch women undress, women pay to watch men undress and men pay to watch men undress. Haven't heard of women paying to watch women undress.

This post was edited

Ive better things to spend money on.

So has she.

This post was edited

Woodsman wroteThe "sexual response" is starting to wear off now, though.

I still see it as somewhat sexual in that a female subject is always going to be of more interest than a male one. I guess to me it's more about sensuality.

I don't recall paying any attention to others in the changeroom as a youngster. I just kept about my business. Probably more open now but I don't really frequent changerooms.

This post was edited

On our 3rd visit to this resort, like every visit to our nude beach, Di wore a sundress with nothing on underneath. One tug over the head and she was naked. She said that wearing the sundress and being naked was easier than taking off several layers and "giving them a show." She also said, "it takes the imagination and anticipation right out of the equation." haha

It does seem that many women ultimately find the "one tug/pull and naked" mode of disrobing more simple and efficient; especially when they know or feel they'll end up naked eventually.
My first wife's preference was the sarong; which was probably the most efficient since she'd unfasten it before even arriving at the resort, and just walk out of the car naked. No "open disrobing" involved at all. At non-landed get-togethers (at people's houses) she would arrive dressed and wait until shown the "changing room." I don't recall her ever changing in front of people either; unless when no other option was afforded, and then usually with a sense of discomfort.

This idea of avoiding "putting on a show" does seem prevalent. As I mentioned, my wife arrives at the resort knowing that our friends and acquaintances will be there, naked; and that she's going to spend the day naked amongst them. So there's no reason to make disrobing a "suspenseful event" or more "loaded" than it needs to be. So after I open the trunk of the car, "poof" her onesie falls right down to her feet and it's over with. She's now free to go "blend in" with everyone else.

This post was edited

On our 3rd visit to this resort, like every visit to our nude beach, Di wore a sundress with nothing on underneath. One tug over the head and she was naked. She said that wearing the sundress and being naked was easier than taking off several layers and "giving them a show." She also said, "it takes the imagination and anticipation right out of the equation." hahaIt does seem that many women ultimately find the "one tug/pull and naked" mode of disrobing more simple and efficient; especially when they know or feel they'll end up naked eventually.My first wife's preference was the sarong; which was probably the most efficient since she'd unfasten it before even arriving at the resort, and just walk out of the car naked. No "open disrobing" involved at all. At non-landed get-togethers (at people's houses) she would arrive dressed and wait until shown the "changing room." I don't recall her ever changing in front of people either; unless when no other option was afforded, and then usually with a sense of discomfort.This idea of avoiding "putting on a show" does seem prevalent. As I mentioned, my wife arrives at the resort knowing that our friends and acquaintances will be there, naked; and that she's going to spend the day naked amongst them. So there's no reason to make disrobing a "suspenseful event" or more "loaded" than it needs to be. So after I open the trunk of the car, "poof" her onesie falls right down to her feet and it's over with. She's now free to go "blend in" with everyone else.
Men wearing just shorts also have the efficiency of one tug and naked.

This post was edited

Even if I'm wearing a shirt and shorts they are off in seconds anyway. I may actually take more time at a textile beach, given my choice of one of my daring swimsuits, compared to a nude one where there's no particular expectations! Another case of undressing being as simple as we make it. Or not.

This post was edited

In a sense, I can somewhat relate to how the women feel, as there have been a few times at my go-to clothing-optional beach here in Seattle, which is well attended by a mix of straight, gay, bi folks, where there will be more than one man gawking at me as I undress. More than anything, I find it rather annoying/irritating, I choose to "power through it," and undress as quickly as possible. I also choose to undress while standing up. (I notice that there are various folks who choose to undress while already laying on their towel. Yes, I do look briefly: I don't gawk.)

In any case, there is no way in hell that I am going to let anyone keep me from doing one of the things I enjoy most at a venue that I know welcomes nudity of all body-types, genders and sexual orientations. As soon as I am fully nude, I feel completely empowered and can often glare back at anyone who is still staring at me and tell them, "If they have a problem." That has pretty much always taken care of any such issue.

This post was edited

I like this topic!! This is my own opinion. Ive only been to a nudist resort three times. All three times, Ive driven in naked. I prefer not to undress in front of a crowd. So Im only about three years new into this nudist lifestyle, and I dont get to be nude too much because of a house full of people. My upbringing taught me that being nude was associated with sex. Ive learned differently now since meeting my boyfriend. For me, undressing is a sensual thing. I have undressed in front of my boyfriend many times, and Ive seen him undress many times. For me, the anticipation of watching each piece come off of him and whats underneath is such a turn on!!!! Its almost like a bit of foreplay to me. And its even better when he undresses me. So Im with your wife, I like to undress in private.

This post was edited

nudony wrote:My problem is that I want to convey to women that my joy in seeing them in the act of undressing is based on their acceptance of nudity as a proper state of life, and not on whatever erotic undertone is there. That's why it still brings a smile to my face.

I never wouldve thought this! Again, I grew up around a dad who made sexual comments about women all the time and in front of my mom. It was disgusting to me. Its nice to know that there are men out there who appreciate a womans nudity as a liberating feeling to her, at least thats how it feels for me.

This post was edited