Locker room nudity

I went to the gym today and as I was entering a sign was posted that a female employee maybe working in the locker room. Question is how would this affect you in using the locker room and showers. Would this change your naked time in the locker room. It seams that there were fewer guys using the locker room today.

This topic was edited
RE:Locker room nudity

I went to the gym today and as I was entering a sign was posted that a female employee maybe working in the locker room. Question is how would this affect you in using the locker room and showers. Would this change your naked time in the locker room. It seams that there were fewer guys using the locker room today.

I would probably wear a towel when walking around and shaving, but would still shower nude and not try to cover with a towel when dressing.

This post was edited

The shop gave the courtesy notice.
I would return the courtesy by trying not to face her without being covered. I would not face her when drying off or dressing.
Courtesy receives courtesy.

This post was edited

It would not change anything. There's nothing obscene and indecent about my body. If she's in the men's locker room, she has to accept that she's going to see naked men. No, I wouldn't intentionally parade around for her to see, but I wouldn't make any accommodation for her presence, either. It's a men's locker room. Nudity is expected.

I'd want to know whether they allow men to work in the women's locker room.

This post was edited

I would continue as normal. Why change? I would imagine she has stated she is comfortable working in that environment and nudity in a lock room is something to me expected.

This post was edited

My post doesnt really answer the question about my thoughts on how I would feel about nudity in this situation but it would be interesting to know whether she had a choice in this as part of the job. Seems to me that is opening the door to sexual harassment in the workplace by her employer making her work in a mens locker room where nudity would exist.

This post was edited

Hypothetically it wouldnt change my behaviour as I use locker rooms as locker rooms and not as my own personal naturist clubs.

I believe that 99% of the men would treat the female employees with respect but we all know that there are a few creeps who would exploit the situation and use their nakedness to intimidate and perhaps gain sexual gratification from a woman in the locker room. (There are posts on these forums bragging of such behaviour)

Which is why Im surprised you seen that sign, lawsuits being what they are in the US.

This post was edited

I would continue as normal. Why change? I would imagine she has stated she is comfortable working in that environment and nudity in a lock room is something to me expected.The other side of that is there are a lot of men who would not be comfortable with that situation.

This post was edited

The other side of that is there are a lot of men who would not be comfortable with that situation.
These are probably mostly the men who do the towel dance anyway.
I don't think most of us either would or should change our behaviour in such circumstances.

Incidentally, the only "woman in locker room" situation I have encountered ( apart from mixed nudist facilities) was when I met a lady with a seven-year-old son on the men's side as I was walking naked from the shower back to my clothing to dress. She beat a hasty retreat before I could tell her that I had no problem with her staying to help dress her son.

This post was edited

The shop gave the courtesy notice.I would return the courtesy by trying not to face her without being covered. I would not face her when drying off or dressing.Courtesy receives courtesy.

Sounds reasonable to me.

This post was edited

If a female took a job as an attendant in a gym that has both men and women facilities, she should expect to find clothed, partially dressed & nude men present. Thats part of the job description. Thats just the way it is.

This post was edited