More or less

I got roasted by my last post about a real concern i have, so I just deleted it. Let me ask this instead.

As I have gotten older, and my body is not the same as it was 25 years ago, I have become much more self conscious and more reluctant to go to nudist events.

Have you gotten more or less comfortable with your body as it has aged?

This topic was edited
RE:More or less

I got roasted by my last post about a real concern i have, so I just deleted it. Let me ask this instead.As I have gotten older, and my body is not the same as it was 25 years ago, I have become much more self conscious and more reluctant to go to nudist events.Have you gotten more or less comfortable with your body as it has aged?

When I was around 50, I went through a period where I was Iess comfortable. I got over it and now at almost 70, I am far more confident and comfortable than ever. Not that I am in better shape, I am less concerned about how I look to others.

This post was edited

frankly we don't give a dam what others think

This post was edited

I think I responded to your since deleted post indicating you shouldnt worry about things you can not change. I hope you took that in the spirit it was given.

With regard to body acceptance as we age, well, my advice remains the same. Time marches on for all of us and the sooner we realize it the better off well be both mentally and physically. Acceptance however doesnt mean throwing in the towel. Theres still a lot you can do to fight the effects of aging. Your profile indicates you like to stay active, thats your best defense. You also say you grew up in a religious home, that has the possibility of affecting the way we see ourself and our place in the world. A little self reflection here might help you understand if that upbringing is holding you back.
My experience both personally and with other nudists is that the older you get the less you care about what others think of you. Dont like my 60 yo body? Dont look. Lol
Its a very liberating feeling to get to this point in our life.

This post was edited

I am so sorry to hear you got roasted after taking the chance to be vulnerable on this site. There are a lot of serial trolls who do a lot to contribute to TN's decline.
Of course our bodies change and requires our attitudes to change in parallel. The part about serenity which was brought up includes both accepting things and doing what we can about them. It's a balancing act, and that makes for a process that's like an engine which keeps us moving forward.
Sometimes it's easy as men to focus on the penis which is on the outside and both noticeable and vulnerable. But the penis is the tip of the heart, and from the heart as well as from vulnerability grow courage for us to be men of wisdom and elders to give back. It's all a journey and it is good.

This post was edited

There are bunch of group for penis appreciation you may want to consider joining one to deal with your issue of growing versus showing. Real nudist/naturists not the online version arent preoccupied with your size flaccid or erect. They are more interested in your personality shared interests and such. I suggest you try posting about that if you are particularly interested in connecting with genuine nudists. I am around naturists of all ages body shapes and sizes. Naturists with severe body deformations are some of my fondest naturist friends. None of those physical characteristics influence our connection. We plays cards, do yoga, chat and all kinds of social things together. Genuine naturism is about respect for others and nature and ourselves in the context of social nudity.
Think about it this way. Would you introduce yourself to a clothed community of people with a conversation about penis size (unless you were in a group for that express purpose)?
You can embrace you and who you are now and will be age size etc not withstanding or you can follow the other perspectives you have received from this post from some whose only frame of reference in online nudity shares as opposed to real life nudist social interaction. It really its up to you.

This post was edited

Anyone who goes to nudist events knows that how someone looks is never an issue.

If you have issues with your body its best talking to a professional.

This post was edited

Youre absolutely right. I think my greater issue is not being comfortable with the current state of my body and aging.

This post was edited

Penis appreciation has nothing to do with either post. It was about myself feeling vulnerable and wondering if I was the only one. I was a nudist from my early 20s until mid 30s and havent done much nude since then. I am fully aware of how nudists are accepting of other peoples bodies, regardless of shape and size. Again It was not about being accepted, it was and is about how I feel.

This post was edited

The groups where people here discuss that kind of stuff are called small penis appreciation and large penis appreciation not my choice but thought that would help you search for them.

I am having a hard time understanding how with your experience in nudism you would lead with that question growing vs showing is used most often in a sexual context when dealing with erections or prelude to sex surely the experience you had in nudism would have suggested a different lead in or maybe I just dont know anything about genuine real life nudist context if so ignore.

This post was edited

Youre absolutely right. I think my greater issue is not being comfortable with the current state of my body and aging.

Again, no advice you get here will help with that, go see a professional. Dont mention the penis thing.

This post was edited