Sharing the land

Wife and I own 15 acres on the river in a very private part of the country. Our property is nude friendly and clothing optional for those not fully into it yet. We are thinking of converting a part of the property on the river to tent camping and one small building into a Air BNB style spot. To start with we would have very min to offer except for a place to freely be nude. No worries about being seen or bothering anyone while you enjoy the sun, walking trails in the woods and fishing. Thinking we would offer picnic tables and fire pit rings for the camping spots. The look out hut would over time be more finished, to start might just be a place to pitch a tent within a screened in roofed space. We know when we were trying to find adventures for the kids nude it was hard to find spots. Or places to simply relax in nature and be nude. Or to take in some time in the sun without issue. Just relax from life and read a book naturally.
My question is would others be interested in this and be willing to pay a small rental fee to offset things? We are located in Iowa and not much for places to be nude. Share your thoughts please.

This topic was edited
RE:Sharing the land

Although my tent camping days are over, and I wouldnt be able to take advantage of such a place, it sounds like an interesting idea. I think it would be necessary to provide a few more amenities to attract visitors. I believe that a restroom and shower facility would be essential, and a place to plug in small appliances and chargers for electronic devices would also be important. To get started you would need a significant number of basic facilities. Ive identified two, undoubtedly there are a few more. Once you have attracted a few visitors you could ask them for their comments regarding your facilities. Good luck with it.

This post was edited

My thought on this was, How remote is this land and is there enough local population to keep it viable? How would you bring in patrons from outside your local area? There also would have to be a draw other than just the opportunity to be naked.

This post was edited

I don't have much to add to what's been said, except that I wish there were more people like you two everywhere else in the country. If I were local to you, I'd certainly look you up.

One thing you could to is have some space for small RVs. I camp in a VW camper van, and don't need any hook-ups as long as there's some sort of toilet facilities, even if they're just porta-potties you could rent for a weekend. If you had a sort of reservation system so you'd know how many people would be committed to showing up, it would certainly help your planning.

But if you were willing to put in some investment to the land, a shower/toilet facility with a septic tank would be a real boon in getting people to come.

And, certainly, publicity would be crucial. I'd put notices in the AANR and the TNS publications and on their websites, and also the web sites of any naturist clubs within a 200 mile radius of your property.

This post was edited

Oh, and I forgot:

Picnic tables. A lot of campers like them but don't bring them and they expect to find them at the campsites.

Maybe before you officially open it as a camp ground, hold a special event there, with pre-registrations required. But don't charge anything at first. If the registration list hits a certain number, depending on the break-even point for things like porta-potties, then tell people the event is on, and state what the charge for camping there would be based on those costs. (I've been involved with planning like this, and could give you more info via PM.)

I think it would be wise to make it a weekend event, from Friday to Sunday. That way, it would be possible for working folk to plan on it.

This post was edited

I live in the Chicago area and would consider driving to you for a weekend and paying a modest fee.
I'm an avid primitive camper and understand there are three types of camping: wilderness, primitive and electrical. Wilderness is like it sounds, in the middle of nothing and nowhere: no water, no toilets, no electrical. Primitive is what they call a campsite in a state park that has a fire pit and access to a toilet (usually flush, could be outhouse) and access to water (usually a spigot, could be a pump). Electrical is for RV camping, typically a120/240V, 50 amp services at each parking stall. Most established campsites have running water and showers. I prefer primitive camping so I don't need to lug in water and dig holes. I've done wilderness camping, with either access to water stations or clean lakes to drink from. My recommendation is to provide a picnic table, some fresh water jugs and a primitive outhouse both for the campers' comfort and hygiene/safety of your property. Access to firewood is also nice since it's so bulky.
Check out the app hipcamp which offers a lot of sites like yours. They don't cater to nudists in particular, but they're private and it's implied your could be naked at the remote sites. Keep in touch.

This post was edited

I have often thought of some thing similar. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of land to offer such things. I have even looked in to maybe leasing some land from local farmers/ranchers for such a place. Deer leases are prevalent in this area so in my mind, it would be the same concept but no one I approached about a lease was interested. Mind you I'm not talking about building a full resort, just place to go hang out in nature with out being bothered. Good luck with your ideas. To steal a movie line, "If you build it they will come!!"

This post was edited

Great idea ! Only important thing is the restroom. You dont want people just doing it on the land anywhere. Water, wood for fires, tables can be brought with them. But then there is the people that leave their trash. Or burn their trash in the cooking fire pit.
Its a great idea, but a lot of work. We had a non-landed group here in Arizona. Oh what a great group of people. And the places we went were amazing. But politics got involved and people just ruined the basic idea of being naked in nature.
I dont want to see you having problems. But there has to be away to have both. I also go camping with a group of guys every year. They use a national forest camp ground. But rent the whole camp ground for the week. They have a great organizer, who sets up everything and double checks everything after they leave.
Could it go well ? YES! But dont be surprised if things get out of control. Good luck.

This post was edited

i live & travel in my 40' motorhome, id be willing if allowed, im new but want rv nudist lifestyle.

This post was edited

I also go camping with a group of guys every year. They use a national forest camp ground. But rent the whole camp ground for the week. They have a great organizer, who sets up everything and double checks everything after they leave.

I've sent you a PM about this.

This post was edited

Yes absolutely.
The success of the place today depends on word of mouth. Not much luxury is intended but some basic amenities and fun activities to be included to attract the crowd. Yes ppl will be willing to pay rent as there very less to none places which support nudism.

This post was edited