The Confident (?) Male Nude

It seems there are not many confident male nudes. I did a quick scan of the photos and of the 72 1/2 pages of photos there are very few men. By my count there are less than 24 photos that have a naked man in them. Some of the photos show a single male and some photos the male is part of a larger group photo. But if there was a male in the photo and they were naked I counted them, even if they were not the main focus of the photo. Also, some of the men have posted more than 1 photo of themselves which makes the numbers of confident men even less. I'll let others expound on it's meaning, if a meaning even exists. I just find it interesting.
Trail

This topic was edited
RE:The Confident (?) Male Nude

My 5 cents.

The "confident nude male" is a lot more common; I'd even say easily attainable to most men. I was pretty confident after my second time being socially nude. I don't want to diminish some men's experience who might have had to "work at it"; but in general men are readily confident with their nudity.

It's a different thing with women. Most have to work through a lot (of hang-ups) to get to "naked confidence." That's why it's celebrated.
Thinking back to my "non-landed club" days with my first wife: on our first trip there together, I was naked right away (pretty much as expected); while my wife had some difficulty parting with her sarong. On our third trip there she found the motivation and confidence (through other women's encouragement) to remove her sarong, join the group naked; and fully engage in social interaction with them. Her "transition" to socializing nude was literally applauded by the other attendees. They'd realized this had not been a "simple thing" for her to allow herself to be seen fully naked; and celebrated her "coming out in the buff" by giving her positive feedback and encouragement.

A picture of us was taken there (for the club photo-album and only available to its members). We're both sitting in relaxed positions. The reason why my wife in the picture is more significant than me is because of its symbolism. She'd found the confidence to sit completely naked for a picture. For me, it was "just a naked picture." For her it was a statement that - in spite of her pre-existing hang-ups - she'd found the confidence to allow herself to be "captured full-frontal naked."

That's why I think it's completely different.

This post was edited

That is a really good story and example of why we do celebrate the naked female here, thanks for sharing. As men we generally have no or little hesitation stripping off, women do take longer. My late wife was topless often when we were young and travelling along the Australian coast on holidays, I would be nude always at a CO beach or just a deserted one, she only went fully nude a few times, and only if I did not bug her about it. Women need to be comfortable and when the time is right. SBN

This post was edited

Late to the conversation.

I post over 95% of the photos here. I find them on the internet. Most of the male pictures I come across, the men have erections or are touching themselves. This may not be a real issue but I do all I can to stay within the TN photo policies. When I find a photo of a male that I think fits with the idea of this group, I'll post it but finding more female photos to post is much easier.

The purpose of the gallery is to get members to post their own photos to the group gallery but most won't.

This post was edited

I'd also like to add that there are many males members of this group that can upload their pictures for consideration, but most will not. If they do, it's a good chance they won't all be approved. As stated above, it takes little effort for a guy to get naked and even less effort for a nudist guy. I have one guy that will post a half dozen pics of himself naked in damn near the same pose. If I approved every photo, we'd have pages and pages of him and that's not the purpose of the gallery. Most guys upload pics in a, take a "look at what I got", pose and I'm not interested in uploading those to the gallery. I'm mostly intrigued by the confident nude female and thus, I try and find pics that depict that confidence missing in many nudists. Maybe some of these pics will give some confidence to a female member or spouse.

This post was edited

What we like most about this group topic is that while society has put more emphasis on how women should look like, there has been an increase from what weve seen in more women gaining self confidence in their looks regardless of their shape and sizes and are happy to take part in social nudism. Having clothing optional resorts make the transition from the textile world to the wonderful life of being a nudist much easier for those who have low self body esteem.

This post was edited

What is a confident male nude? We are nudists and are nude. If a man is nude you see his penis and his balls. So what should there be confident? Maybe if he shows his erect penis. I remember a group which tries that here. It's not allowed and the group was clothed very soon.

Some women are even nude if they only wear briefs. It's a question of confidence for a woman how nude she is. My wife feels good when she was nude because her bush was a protection that her vulva was not seen. A confident naked woman has no fear that somebody can see her vulva. It partly depends on the anatomy of the woman what you can see. The lady of the group picture is very confident opening her legs and showing her vulva and her clitoris.

That's my opinion. You might see it differently.

This post was edited

In addition to being in a non-only nude environment, nudist men usually have no problems being naked. Where it is allowed, they are naked and do not bother to clothed persons. Women, on the other hand, are usually naked only if everyone else is naked. Exceptions here are probably particularly self-confident women.

Therefore, women feel addressed by the subject of the group to show their pictures here. In other groups, images of men are usually in the majority.

This post was edited