A woman's perspective on nudism

I didn't write the following. I can't, because I'm a man. But this post is from another naturist site I visit (one which vets people more rigidly than this one, so I can assume fairly confidently that the writer was actually female). I'm re-posting it here because I've heard similar sentiments from women on the subject, and would like to see if women on this site have anything to add or to contradict.

People ask what is it like to be a female in naturism. I see others use the word "freedom" a lot. It's more than that as a woman.Through out our lives, women and girls learn that we are almost constantly beingevaluated and appraised. We are very aware of being observed in a way that men are not, simply because our life experiences haveroutinely included instances of being looked at.Every time a girl is told she is cute, pretty, or beautiful or even described in gender-neutral, objective terms such as being tall, she is actually being told she is being looked at and assessed on her appearance. And the cat calls of "Nice tits" or "great ass" are just objectifying. We are far more than individual body parts.The first time being nude in a social setting among other naturists is an expression of vulnerability. But it was the first time I never felt judged for my body or looks. It was a true feeling of bodily autonomy.

Your comments, please.

This topic was edited
RE:A woman's perspective on nudism

Woodsman its been over a day since you posted this without reply.

I think you made a mistake asking the women of TN to comment because you already know if a woman did, she would be instantly objectified and sexualised by the overwhelming majority of men who have no idea what its really like to be free in the way she describes.

The real reason women who experience social nakedness can feel this way is because all the idiots who think they can have an inoffensive erection are on TN and not really living in the world of proper adults and dont have any social naked experience to draw from.

There will be some who will disagree and say her form of naturism is dying because guys with dick issues are the future.

It would be sad for them if it wasnt so hilarious.

This post was edited

StevieLorna wrote:I think you made a mistake asking the women of TN to comment because you already know if a woman did, she would be instantly objectified and sexualised by the overwhelming majority of men who have no idea what its really like to be free in the way she describes.The real reason women who experience social nakedness can feel this way is because all the idiots who think they can have an inoffensive erection are on TN and not really living in the world of proper adults and dont have any social naked experience to draw from.It would be sad for them if it wasnt so hilarious.

Which is exactly my point, I guess. The very fact that women face that risk of being of being sexualized and objectified is an example of the problem that the original poster was trying to express. And IMO it's one of the reasons that nudism is instantly seen as unattractive to fully half of the human race.

I posted it the comment as a sort of wake-up call for the other half of the human race to combat this attitude. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

As for the "idiots who think they can have an offensive erection" are concerned, we've been over that many and many a time before. Are women really so appalled at the sight of an erection, even an innocent one? I suppose we'll never get an answer on this site since any woman who says she's not perturbed about it will be flooded with with proposals and inappropriate remarks, or accused of being a dirty old man in disguise. All I can say is that the women I've met at nudist resorts and such don't seem to have a problem with it as long as the erection is truly innocent (and, yes, they seem know the difference). And, frankly, I haven't seen any other kind of erection here. Maybe things are different over across the pond.

This post was edited

Appalled may be the wrong word.

Your ladies post says this.

The first time being nude in a social setting among other naturists is an expression of vulnerability. But it was the first time I never felt judged for my body or looks. It was a true feeling of bodily autonomy.

Women gain much more the sense of freedom than men do because they are judged for the way they look and act by both sexes to a much greater scale, not having to deal with that pressure as a naturist is the most liberating thing.

To have some selfish man try to make it in any way a sexual experience is demeaning to women and taking away what liberation from the stuff they have dealt with since puberty. Thats not my opinion, its a womans.

This post was edited

Which is exactly my point, I guess. The very fact that women face that risk of being of being sexualized and objectified is an example of the problem that the original poster was trying to express. And IMO it's one of the reasons that nudism is instantly seen as unattractive to fully half of the human race.

There are real reasons why this is the case and the gaze of a vocal portion of the cis gender male population is a real reason. Its why cis gender males tent to not be bothered to engage in topics like this topic. Instead they readily push topics and ask questions in the women's forum that are centered on maleness.

This post was edited

I want to enforce the fact that I see the sexualised naturism as a debate that happens only on line, its not what Ive observed in over two decades of naturism.

Every single person weve encountered as naturists has been mutually respectful. Which is why I find it difficult to understand why so many on this site cant get that around their head and say naturism is dying because of this, or because they they wont allow that.

This post was edited

I want to enforce the fact that I see the sexualised naturism as a debate that happens onlyon line, its not what Ive observed in over two decades of naturism.Every single person weve encountered as naturists has been mutually respectful. Which is why I find it difficult to understand why so many on this site cant get that around their head and say naturism is dying because of this, or because they they wont allow that.

Affirming this distinction.

This post was edited

When I replied to this thread I didn't realize the intent was a "call" for men on this site to quit sexualizing the women here.

I might be wrong but I would think that these men - to a great extent - do not socialize with other nudists on a regular basis. I've often said that this site is not representative of the actual nudist population; thankfully. If it was, there's no way my wife would gladly go to a nudist resort.

This post was edited

I dont think that was the call, but the ladies post made it clear, like your wife, she felt safe from being objectified in a naturist setting, something I dont see a lot of respect for on line.

This post was edited

I agree with the last three posts. The original quote was from a woman who did find that she was in a safe space when she was with nudists, but in order to do that she had to deal with her fears of being objectified. My own reaction to that was that we had to do something about this root cause of a woman's fears.

I don't see anything in the last three posts that contradicted this.

This post was edited