RE:Locker room nudity

If I am entering the locker room after the workout and see the sign, i try to be respectful and don't show up naked intentionally in front of them, wrap around a towel and continue the walk around the locker room but If i am already inside the locker room and naked and if a female employee shows up, i don't like to make it awkward by immediately covering up and keep it naked and casual. Atleast that doesn't make most of them uncomfortable.

I am glad to see a lot of guys around me who are really respectful towards the employees of the gym.

This post was edited

The last few posts respect a difference between who walks in when. As stated before if walking in and the cleaner is there with notice they get less visuals. If they come in after us they should expect more visuals.

This post was edited

The quote below is dead on when it comes to normalizing the naked form. The only reason it gets weird is when someone cannot help themselves from turning a nude moment into something it isn't - and that's all internal. Believe me, that female attendant has seen a lot of bare bodies - whatever you've got down there below the belt isn't going to make their eyes bug out or spontaneously combust! Nearly all of us in the men's locker room have got the wedding tackle down there. And anyone taking such a job is not going to be shocked if it is momentarily on display between locker and shower.

Show respect - yes, but.... The naked body is not something to be ashamed of, or to consider as something that should be hidden. In a situation where one is naked in the locker room and going about their normal routines and a female walks in - for cleaning, maintenance, or whatever, there is no reason to feel you must cover up. Just continue as if everything is normal - because everything is normal.Our society puts too much emphasis on nudity being abnormal. It isn't.On the other hand - if the person who is naked takes this opportunity to flaunt, then he should cover up. The "abnormality" is within him, for that is when disrespect comes into the picture.I say just go about your normal business and treat one's nudity as no big deal.

This post was edited

I would have thought it would be inappropriate until I got used to it at my home resort. I was in the men's restroom and a female worker came in there to retrieve some supplies which are stored in a room adjacent to the restroom. The first time it occurred, I was like "what is she doing in here?" Then it dawned on me that we are at a nudist resort and she had already seen all of us nude so it shouldn't make any difference. I still didn't feel too comfortable when I was sitting on the commode and she came it but I really don't feel too comfortable when men come in there either! LOL It can be a bit embarrassing if you have smelled up the room. ;-)

Well, I learned later that there is somewhat of a double standard about restroom use. I had a drunk woman falsely accuse me of going into the lady's restroom. She didn't accuse me of flirting or making a pass or anything of the sort. She just told others that I was in there. In actuality, she was so drunk that she went into the men's restroom and didn't realize it as I went to use the urinal. She told people that I urinated in the sink. Well, that was enough to get me questioned and I believe I would have been kicked out and banned from the resort if it had not been for some other good members that stood up and vouched for my character. While I haven't and don't intend to visit a lady's restroom, natural nudity does not always free people to enter the opposite sex's locker room or restroom without causing discomfort or problems. Maybe we will get there some day at least in our nudist facilities.

This post was edited

Well, I learned later that there is somewhat of a double standard about restroom use. I had a drunk woman falsely accuse me...

I have also been falsely accused by a woman and supported by many male and female friends who knew us both in defense in a different scenario. The problem is that as a male you are presumed guilty until proven innocent. That is why I believe in gendered locker rooms where both genders can 1) assume it is safe to be naked 2) be safe from being accosted or harassed and have simple recourse if things happens 3) not be put in situation where there is a power differential such as the assumption that a woman accusing an adult male must always be telling the truth.

This applies to the litigious US society only. If I'm in another country without fears of lawsuits and false accusations, I would accept close to anything as local culture.

This post was edited

Well the fact that we are on a nudists website should tell you that we all should be comfortable being nude in front of anyone. Man or woman. What i take issue with is that if the genders were reversed, women would go postal on the gym for letting a male employee walk into the women's locker room. My gym does not allow the opposite sex employees go into the other sexes locker room. But again, if anyone is not comfortable being nude around others, then they might not be a true nudist. Also, someones trigger may not be my trigger.

This post was edited

I agree I wouldnt change anything. If she is working there she knows what to expect I assume. She will likely see men naked in the shower so seeing them dressing isnt any different. These situations will be more common as gender roles and expectations are changing. I have been in public restrooms where female workers are cleaning the mens room and they dont close the restroom. I was at the urinal in one place with no modesty divider between urinals when she came along and started cleaning the urinal next to where I was peeing. She surely saw my penis. It didnt bother me and it didnt seem to bother her. Its natural.

This post was edited

I agree I wouldnt change anything. If she is working there she knows what to expect I assume. She will likely see men naked in the shower so seeing them dressing isnt any different. These situations will be more common as gender roles and expectations are changing. I have been in public restrooms where female workers are cleaning the mens room and they dont close the restroom. I was at the urinal in one place with no modesty divider between urinals when she came along and started cleaning the urinal next to where I was peeing. She surely saw my penis. It didnt bother me and it didnt seem to bother her. Its natural.

This post was edited

I had a similar situation no too long ago. I was in the shower (not communal) of my gym (Planet Fitness) only wearing a towel. There was a female and a male employee in the mens locker room getting something out of a janitors closet in the men's locker room.

I waited in front of my locker for the woman to leave, or I at least tried to. After a little while the woman seemed to be in no rush to leave. It was pretty cold and she seemed to be taking forever so I got tired of waiting and took my towel off to dry and get changed.

I'm a nudist and it doesn't bother me if she sees, but I only do that at the nude beach or resort. I don't go around flashing anyone because I don't want people thinking I'm a creep or pervert. But I waited long enough and seeing my waiting in just a towel should have been her signal to leave if seeing a naked man bothers here.

I was kinda worried about it afterwards. Not because I was worried about litigation or anything because I know she or her manager is the ones at fault. I was more worried because I don't want people calling me a pervert or something.

This post was edited

Not seen such signs at my local gym, but normal to see signs at public toilets/restrooms saying attendants if either sex may be working inside. You see them on both gents and ladies toilets.
How would I behave in a locker room with a female cleaner, or whatever in there, pretty much as normal. Changing, Shane ring, drying etc without making a big thing about it. Would I wrap myself ina towel to walk to and from the shower? Would probably depend on the vibes coming from the woman in question. If she was obviously very relaxed and comfortable about it all then I probably wouldnt as I dont normally. If I was the only other person in there then I would probably wrap my towel round me. If she seemed at all nervous or on edge then I would probably wrap up.

This post was edited