Nudist with non-understanding wife

Like all of us in here I am a nudist (wow, news flash)
I love being nude, especially around home.
My wife doesn't understand my need to be nude and sometimes gets angry with me when she catches me nude doing simple household chores, working in my shop, or just sitting watching tv or on my computer.
I'm looking for help!
How do the rest of you handle a wife who simply doesn't understand?
I hate the fact that she won't even discuss it with me and gets mad and me for being natural and who I am!
Please help!

This topic was edited
RE:Nudist with non-understanding wife

I told my wife about it during our third date, and she has seen me naked every since. If she had not accepted it (she is not a nudist herself), she most likely would not have become my wife.
In your situation; just let yourself be bullied into clothing! Stay naked whenever you want/need to be naked. I would just remind her this is how you relax, and this is who you are. Did she not fall in love with you? Should she not enjoy seeing your naked body? Especially when you are at home, there is no reason to need any clothing.

This post was edited

I went through a bit of that at the beginning of my first marriage. "OMG!! You're naked AGAIN? Just WHY!?!"

I think she knew though that if she told me I wasn't ever "allowed again" to be naked at home; I would have been looking at the front door and pointing her in that direction. So when I offered a compromise, she took me up on it. Specifically, I would only be nude at home before she got back from work, of after she went off to bed.
But what that also meant was if she came home from work early, or got back out of bed to get something; she would run into "naked me." When she realized the "inevitability" of my nudity, she decided that it was not worth fighting or ending the marriage over. So one day after coming home from work early and finding me naked in the living room, she just decided to "let it go." I was grateful; so I decided to still limit the amount of time I was naked around her, out of respect for her boundaries.

And after she "let it go", life got easier - for both of us. Ultimately, she just got used to it and didn't pay it much attention anymore. It became a "new normal" for her.

This post was edited

Is she OK with you sleeping nude?
If not, try convincing her that you can at least be nude in bed.
Gradually get ready for bed earlier and dressed later on days you are not leaving the house for a while.

This post was edited

Ironicly enough, we both sleep nude.
Given that it seem strange, I know, to be having this argument.
Believe it or not, on our wedding night, it was her idea to sleep nude. Of course it was our fist official night together and we really didn't have a need for nightwear. We have both been sleeping nude ever since.
If she gets up in the night she goes into the bathroom naked, even in the morning when she gets up, Im generally up earlier than her.

This post was edited

You might think at this point that I'm afraid of being seen nude, especially being seen nude by my wife.
Far from truth, Im very unafraid of being seen by anyone nude, even people coming to the door.
I would answer the door anytime nude if it wern't for the fact that Im not aloud to be nude.
What Im apprehensive about is being argued with, yelled at, told to put some cloths on and her being angry with me for being nude, being myself!

This post was edited

Ironicly enough, we both sleep nude.Given that it seem strange, I know, to be having this argument.Believe it or not, on our wedding night, it was her idea to sleep nude. Of course it was our fist official night together and we really didn't have a need for nightwear. We have both been sleeping nude ever since.If she gets up in the night she goes into the bathroom naked, even in the morning when she gets up, Im generally up earlier than her.

Then I would expect that you both go to the bathroom nude I the morning to shower. Try showering later on days when you don't have to be anywhere and stay naked until then and see how it goes . My wife rarely sleeps nude but spends a lot of time at home in sleepwear. After I started sleeping nude, when I saw my wife in sleepwear, I would comment that if she was in her nightwear, I might as well be and then take off everything except my wedding ring.

This post was edited

This is a tough one.. if she wont even discuss it, and is getting angry with you it might be too far gone. My advice is work on the relationship first. Take care of her needs, listen to her intently, make her your main focus. After some time, she will probably start to reciprocate, and will support your needs and desires. Youll know when she brings it up. When the discussions start you can express how much you like to be nude, and that you would love it if she joins in. Begin slowly like others have mentioned. Most importantly be patient and understanding. Best of luck!

This post was edited

Mine will go to the sun club 1 time a month doesn't like it.. She is understanding and doesn;t mind me naked. Just be good to her and hope she comes around. Merry Christmas

This post was edited

After reading this thread, I discussed it with my wife. She rarely is nude outside the bedroom if not at the resort. She doesnt say anything but she is not fond of me doing things nude in the house either. That being said we thought about your situation. You have an established place to be nude. You both sleep nude. She will begin her day without grabbing clothes in the bedroom. Start there. Like mentioned before extend your time without putting clothes on on mornings that youre not going anywhere. On lazy days go down to get coffee for the two of you. Make breakfast for her in bed. Slowly find little things that take you out of the room. Do you have a tv in your room? Go watch the football game in the bedroom. After mowing the lawn, take sometime after a mid day shower to stay nude in the bedroom. You do have a small foot hold to work with. Take your time and relax about it. If you are more relaxed then she may be more relaxed too.

This post was edited

either my wife is understanding, or she'll be married to someone else

This post was edited