RCCL VY over Christmas 23-30 Dec

Heading out on RCCL over Christmas. originally had a cruisemate but it is now just me solo. Will be taking advantage of my balcony for nude time. Cruise has a stop at St. Maarten with excursion to Orient Beach, has anyone done this excursion? In the description it notes "Nudity may be seen on beach" which I plan to enjoy. Once on Orient beach is there a nude section or the whole beach is CO friendly? There are a few other stops which I would love to find other nude/CO beaches if anyone is aware: Aruba, Bonair, St. Kitts.

Is anyone else possibly going to be on this cruise? Leaves out of San Juan, PR.

This topic was edited
RE:RCCL VY over Christmas 23-30 Dec

Heading out on RCCL over Christmas. originally had a cruisemate but it is now just me solo. Will be taking advantage of my balcony for nude time. Cruise has a stop at St. Maarten with excursion to Orient Beach, has anyone done this excursion? In the description it notes "Nudity may be seen on beach" which I plan to enjoy. Once on Orient beach is there a nude section or the whole beach is CO friendly? There are a few other stops which I would love to find other nude/CO beaches if anyone is aware: Aruba, Bonair, St. Kitts.Is anyone else possibly going to be on this cruise? Leaves out of San Juan, PR.

Sounds similar to a cruise we are thinking of for March. We usually just take a cab over to Orient Beach for maximum time on the beach. The southern end (to your right when facing the water) is the beach in front of the closed Club Orient Resort. That section is still nude friendly. You can rent a beach chair and the beach bar (The Perch) is open for nudists. The rest of the beach does not allow nudity when the cruise ships are in port, which is the only time you will be there. You will most likely be dropped off at Orient Village which is in the middle of the beach. Turn right and walk until you get to the end and everyone will be naked. If you take a cab ask to be dropped off at Club Orient or Pedros. Both were destroyed by Hurricane Irma, but they will know you want to be at the nude end. The nude beach bar is right there at the parking area.

Of the ABC islands only Curacao has a nude resort and I don't think any of these islands have a nude beach. Aruba had a topless beach many years ago, that might be the closest you will get outside of St. Martin without going to one of the other French islands.

This post was edited

Good advice

This post was edited

I was just in St. Maarten on a cruise stop a couple of weeks ago. Cabs are the way to go. The cost was $25 for 1-2 people, $9 for 3-4 and $8 for 5+. I told them I would wait for more people. Finally a couple joined me. The driver asked which side meaning textiled or naked. I said naked, the couple said textiled so he dropped all of us off at the textile side. This was my first visit to Orient Bay post-hurricane and post-Covid. I got to the beach around 9:30am. Not many people there. I think the cost of chair/umbrella was $16 for one. The beach was badly eroded. The surf was rough and as the tide came in, the front row of chairs where I was sitting became uninhabitable - splash zone. The staff finally moved the 2nd row back to get us out of the pond of seaweed that had formed. More people arrived in the afternoon. Still a great place to be nude at the beach.

This post was edited

It has seen better days but still a fun place to tan all over.

This post was edited

I was just in St. Maarten on a cruise stop a couple of weeks ago. Cabs are the way to go. The cost was $25 for 1-2 people, $9 for 3-4 and $8 for 5+. I told them I would wait for more people. Finally a couple joined me. The driver asked which side meaning textiled or naked. I said naked, the couple said textiled so he dropped all of us off at the textile side. This was my first visit to Orient Bay post-hurricane and post-Covid. I got to the beach around 9:30am. Not many people there. I think the cost of chair/umbrella was $16 for one. The beach was badly eroded. The surf was rough and as the tide came in, the front row of chairs where I was sitting became uninhabitable - splash zone. The staff finally moved the 2nd row back to get us out of the pond of seaweed that had formed. More people arrived in the afternoon. Still a great place to be nude at the beach.

Our last trip was on the one year anniversary of Irma, so September 2018. We shared a cab as well and the other couple started the ride gung-ho to go to the nude beach. We got to the Pedros parking lot before it was open, so the driver took us over to Orient Villages to drop us off. By then the other couple had cold feet and asked to be taken to Philipsburg. He asked us and we said we were still planning on heading to the nude beach for the day. On the walk back down the beach we ran into Louis (owner of Chez Louis swimsuit shop on the beach). The hurricane had wiped out his shop, so he was selling pareos walking along the beach. We bought a couple of them and then headed to Club O for the day. We visited our old Mini Suite and there were only 2.5 walls left. It still fared better than most, which were just empty concrete slabs.

This post was edited

Thanks for all the replies. I had already booked the excursion so I used it to get over to Orient Beach. As many said they dropped us off at the village but it also included a drink and free lunch. Soon as we got there I headed directly for the nude section (told our tour guide I was going there so remember me when its time to go). The walk was about 7 minutes. Got there stripped and had a lovely time! There were plenty of chairs and umbrellas. No one approached me about paying (though I asked ) either way I never paid . I spent my time on the beach lounging, frolicking, and generally being a nudist on the beach. Like many of the others I did my walk from end to end of the nude sections for my steps, and met several friendly couples and solo travelers (some who happen to live near me). After my fun day I packed up and headed back. As for conditions: the beach was pretty pristine (very little seaweed), water was warm, sand was soft. The villas are in shambles as well as the old restaurant. Plenty of chairs and umbrellas, and lots of sun! Ill try to add a few photos/videos.

This post was edited