RE:More or less

I may have come to this issue late but my only view is based on a visit to a nudist beach in the summer. As always we were every age, size, shape and level of tan. I had more tan lines than most. But the conversation with the lonely female was as good as the one with the confident swagger of the couple running the ptanque. We all got on and we all had a great time, whats more we all complained about the coffee at the beach hut!
When body image matters it can hurt. But for me nudism is a great leveller. We are what we are and lets keep positive the things that help us, not the things that hinder us. If someone is deficient somewhere dont dwell on it, Youre naked and happy to show what you have. Thats a startling reality.

This post was edited

More, for sure. Seems like I feel this way each week I get older. I crave being around others who live or prefer to live as we do. I have a need, a compelling need to be naked all the time. I want to eventually live in a nudist community. My wife has a preference and desire to be nude but not the need I have. She won't hesitate to wear clothes if needed. I find ways NOT to wear clothes if I can help it.

I can't help what's happened to my body over the years. I have sustained several physical injuries during my career as a firefighter. It limits my ability to exercise, work out completely. We walk, we hike, we work around the house and in our yard. I get exercise but not like I used to. I love my food, drink, wine, liquor and desserts. I've been able to keep my weight down, activity up for my age and I'm fine with that. My body mirrors those likes, loves and limitations and my wife still loves me and desires me. Life is good here!

This post was edited

I can't help from not being nude as it would seem and can't wait until the wife gets hope from work so I can see her
nude. Sorry just the way I am. When it was -45 degree wind chill I didn't spare the fuel and it was 75 in the house.
Like Andy I have physical impairments from my career that now causes Luann to have to help me out of my chair at times or my sons to pluck me out of a car. Good gawd I will never understand how a woman like her who could have her pick loves me as she does.

This post was edited

I understand about the body getting older. But the minds of those people that are older then me are so much fun to learn about.
Oh the stories of their lives is so much fun to hear. I guess I have always liked being around the older people because of that.
Yes younger people are beautiful, but nothing to teach me or learn much from. Yes they have just experienced everything and its refreshing to hear it again. But ohh I love to hear and dream about what it would have been like to be them.
Even the womens groups talking about what it is like to be them. What their perspective is. I do prefer being with men. But I can even learn things from women.

This post was edited

One of the great paradoxes of nudism/naturism is that the less we have on, the more concerned about what our bodies look like in public. I think that comes from living in a society where clothes are required, and where only ideally shaped bodies are considered good enough in the media to be seen as partially or completely nude.

And yet the more we actually participate in social nudism, the less concerned we become about what our bodies look like. True, we would like them to reflect our health in general. Some of us work out or have body surgery to improve their looks, and if it gives them a positive impression of themselves, it's their privilege. But most of us learn to accept ourselves as we are, and to accept others as they are. The only important thing is that we all are happy with what we are and who we are. I consider it another level of being honest.

This post was edited

Like Andy I have physical impairments from my career that now causes Luann to have to help me out of my chair at times or my sons to pluck me out of a car. Good gawd I will never understand how a woman like her who could have her pick loves me as she does.

You and Andy are still rockin it and there's no reason not to give you a hand. Impairments of the body are just dealt with. It's the impairments of the body we need to avoid!

This post was edited

While society in general creates all kinds of issues related to body image, shape and size and correlate them to aging - as a naturist I try to live by my maxim that inside every naked body is a human being. We have to live in our bodies but we are not our bodies. So physical and mental health are equally important as I continue to age. Something I have been doing from the day of my birth (even if society only pays attention at the beginning and the end)

I am more conscious than even the keeping perspective is important for both physical and mental health and well being regardless of shape, size and physical ability.

This post was edited

You are a senior person who had enough life experience and have already learned not to give ears for what others say or thing. You just be you and enjoy doing what you want to do.

This post was edited

I grew up feeling pretty comfortable in my own skin. My parents gave us kids no baggage about body image. Plus my body was naturally pretty athletic, so I felt confident about how I looked nude and I enjoyed the positive attention. As I've aged -- put on 10 more pounds, lost muscle and skin tone -- I've felt a lot more self-conscious and uncomfortable about being nude around others. Our culture prioritizes youthful beauty, and I've internalized all those negative messages about aging and looking older. But I've continued to be nude socially, despite what my mind tells me, and slowly I've returned to being more or less comfortable around others. I don't love what I see in the mirror, but I also don't enjoy having those self-conscious thoughts, so being able to start to get past that has been helpful. It's a work in progress.

This post was edited

I just stated nudism 7 years ago at 54. I was very comfortable from the start and more comfortable 7 years later.

This post was edited