Yellowstone camping

Has anyone ever camped in the Yellowstone national park yet ?

Considering going this summer and was wondering if any camp site would be suited to stay naked around the tent and just tiny cover to go to the washroom area.

Any tips about camp site and things where we can be more relax with the minimum amount of clothes would be great.

Its a national park too, and since its federal land, technically no laws prohibit nudity. But local ordinance can. So any advice would be great.

This topic was edited
RE:Yellowstone camping

We haven't camped at Yellowstone yet but considering that the park requires reservations far in advance and a limit of how many visitors are allowed entry daily, I'm going to say your chances are slim.

This post was edited

You are right, pretty slim. If not this year, Aube next year. Looking forward for some tips to see if faisable there.

This post was edited

It's been a number of years since I camped at Yellowstone but if you go naked in any of the developed campgrounds, you're asking for trouble.

If you want to go naked in a national park, your best bet is to get a back country permit and camp in a primitive campground. Better yet, seek out a dispersed site in the national forest where you're unlikely to have trouble.

This post was edited

I've done this in New Mexico

This post was edited

I agree with IFishNaked. Your chances are slim even in the backcountry, but you are less likely to receive disapproving comments if you are away from the masses. I backpacked to Heart Lake in Yellowstone a few years back and ran into a naked couple enjoying a hot spring (I think) just off the trail. They saw us coming at a distance and covered up until we passed. Once we got to the lake, there were a few campsites just off the lake separated by a good distance. A couple different backpackers stopped by to say 'hi', compare notes on bear sitings in the area, and have a campfire drink. We stayed clothed the whole time, but mostly out of the need to stay comfortably warm in the elements as this was in early September.

This post was edited